5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Also in regards to Notepad++, under the Settings menu is the Shortcut Mapper where you can change the key combination for all the program's options. (I find Ctrl+J a bit awkward.)
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Using Notepad++

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The link provided in the OP is useful.

As mentioned above - Notepad++ does this in one command "Join Lines" which is CTRL+J. There are other very useful text formatting commands available under the "Edit" menu in Notepad++ too.
    Trying to speed up my copy and paste (PDF to FG) abilities and while I have Notepad++ I'm not able to figure out how to make the most of it. Before Notepad++ Process was as follows:

1. Copy from PDF
    2. Paste into FG story
    3. Correct all line breaks via "Backspace"
    4. Go through and find any paragraphs breaks to match the PDF.
    5. Bold what needs to be bolded.
    6. Move on to the next section, repeat.

With Notepad++:

1. Copy from PDF
    2. Paste into Notepad++
    3. Highlight paragraph sections and Ctrl+J to fix line breaks
    4. Copy from Notepad++ and
    5. Paste to Fantasy Grounds
    6. Bold what needs to be bolded.
    7. Move on to the next section, repeat.

Either way its a lot of work and I've looked through the options of Notepad++ and I am not sure what other steps I could take to shorten the process.

Sidenote: I know I could just read from the PDF most of time and it would also save a ton of time, but I figured if I'm going through the trouble to convert the Ashardalon Adventure Path from 3e (The Speaker in Dreams, The Standing Stone, Heart of Nightfang Spire, Deep Horizon, Lord of the Iron Fortress and Bastion of Broken Souls) I might as well make them completely incase others want to use the modules. Which I know are no longer used by WoTC and I couldn't sell on DMSGuild. It's for me and the community however so trying to do them well.

Any suggestions would be majorly appreciated.

I'm pretty sure that you can't distribute such material, since there's no license agreement with Smiteworks for any WotC stuff apart from 5e.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I'm pretty sure that you can't distribute such material, since there's no license agreement with Smiteworks for any WotC stuff apart from 5e.
    Honestly, I figured that would be the answer, but it won't stop me from using it for my players as I find it to be an exciting adventure. So I guess if its just for me, I might as well make it easy on myself.

Blog Entries
    I do ctrl+A and then ctrl+j and then put the line/paragraph breaks back in. Not really any better than selecting each section/paragraph and doing ctrl+j, but makes me feel better. Also, be aware that ctrl+j works in FG, not just in NPP.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information