DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Black Orcs - 5E NPC Module

I'm a big fan of orcs. Doesn't matter the setting--D&D, Warhammer, Warcraft, Tolkien, etc. I love orcs.

But I always feel like orcs are kind of a enemy in D&D that you fight in those low levels and they're challenging, but then they become fodder to your party. Even the "elite" of the orcs found in D&D are kind of pushovers. And on top of that, they're pretty chaotic and don't really lend themselves to large armies except under very powerful and charismatic leadership (ala Obould Many Arrows).

So I created another race of orcs for D&D that are more powerful, fearsome, tend towards lawfulness and organization, and can be utterly terrifying to players.

I originally created these NPCs for 3.5, but have recently converted them to 5e. The module contains no tokens, as I know most people prefer to use their own artistic style of tokens and I am no artist myself anyways, and I'd rather freely distribute without worry of copyright infringement.

There is just enough background information on the race for DM's to drop them into their world, but not so much that you would need to edit and change every NPC to fit. There are 12 new powerful black orc NPCs for you to use.

I'd love any feedback anyone has!

EDIT: mattekure pointed out that the tokens weren't working in this version. Not sure why they weren't included, but they are working now.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Tyrannosaurus VeX; March 29th, 2019 at 07:13.

Blog Entries
    I am at work now, but did you include the open gaming license in this module? I would do that if I wanted to distribute something like this?

If you want to put these up on the DMs Guild at some point, do not use the OGL as the two licenses are not compatible.

Essentially, if you want to use all of the D&D rules or existing text in the Monster Manual, then DMs Guild is good. If these are your own creation, then OGL can keep the copyright to you while allowing others to use it as long as they give you credit.

DMs Guild can be set to “pay what you want” (free).
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Nice, thanks for sharing

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    I am at work now, but did you include the open gaming license in this module? I would do that if I wanted to distribute something like this?
    Yes, I included the OGL blurb.

Thread Information