DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Arming a Character / Combat Tracker

I'm just learning Fantasy Grounds and was curious... How do you wield a weapon and don armor? I can place a weapon in the characters inventory but the attack doesn't go over to the Combat Tracker. With armor, I can put it in the character's inventory but it doesn't affect his AC. Am I doing something wrong or is that something you have to change manually?

Weapons/attacks for PCs do not show up in the combat tracker - they are available in the actions tab of the character sheet.

The combat tracker details (such as attacks) are there to help the GM run NPCs, not PCs. The combat tracker that the players see has a lot less info and they don't interact with it much.

AC is usually something you double check in the PC combat tab and adjust as necessary. For armour there is a section in the bottom left of the inventory tab that shows the armour stats, ticking the check box will apply the indicated AC bonus to the AC section of the combat tab and hence to the total AC.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Oh, one other question. If a character picks up a cursed item. Is there a way to have text a character sees for that item and text the DM can allow the character to see once the item is identified but hidden to a player until that moment?

@Trenloe

Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Munqaxus View Post
    Oh, one other question. If a character picks up a cursed item. Is there a way to have text a character sees for that item and text the DM can allow the character to see once the item is identified but hidden to a player until that moment?
    Yes, use the ID button in the individual item entry. If it's not there, I think there is a campaign option to enable item identification.

Do you know about the ability to run a second instance of FG on the same PC and connect (join game) to the GM with a host address of localhost? This is very handy when you are first learning FG as it allows you to see what the players will see compared to what the GM sees.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information