STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Most up to date C&C Version ?

Hello all,

I've just got the new FG III software and purchased the C&C ruleset. The version states 2.0. Is this the latest release and are there any updates planned ?
    I'm new and just playing around transferring an AD&D module, but found some functionality lacking. E.g. I'm not sure if the character sheets consider the boni to adjust AC accordingly, or if this has to be considered manually and how automized the CT works at the moment ?

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed you've to enter the user id / PW in the Setting starting screen of FG III. Now it looks more up to date. :-)
    Last edited by Targas; January 15th, 2014 at 14:59.

Well, it seems the updated version does not have an improvement in the attribute modifiers?
    Does the CT work similar to the 3.5 edition, though?

Can you clarify what you mean by attribute modifier?

JPG

Hey Targas, welcome! Can you describe the problem with a bit more detail - I'm not sure what attribute modifier problem you're having. Which aspects of the CT are you interested in comparing to 3.5? ...not that I can help there, as I don't play 3.5, but someone here can probably help
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

By reading the Quick Start Rules for C&C, page 3 mentions a table of attribute modifiers. For example high attribute rolls of dexterity will result in an added bonus to the AC (Dex 13-15 will grant +1 on AC). This is normally added to th AC (page 18 below the able explains it).
    As this cannot be entered into the character sheet, I would expect the figure to be added to the AC in the CT, on occassion?

In AD&D 3.5 you can roll initiative on the character sheet, but I cannot find this feature on the C&C char sheet?

I haven't tried out the CT in more detail, maybe I have just to deep dive abit more?
    Last edited by Targas; January 15th, 2014 at 18:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Targas View Post
    By reading the Quick Start Rules for C&C, page 3 mentions a table of attribute modifiers. For example high attribute rolls of dexterity will for an added bonus to the AC. As this cannot be entered into the character sheet, I would expect the figure to be added to the AC in the CT, on occassion?
    Dex modifier is added to the AC - look on the "Combat" tab of the main character sheet.

When the PC is added to the Combat Tracker (CT) this is included in the AC. Note: the "-DEX" field in the CT is for AC "minus DEX", which would not include any DEX mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Targas View Post
    In AD&D 3.5 you can roll initiative on the character sheet, but I cannot find this feature on the C&C char sheet?
    I haven't tried out the CT in more detail, maybe I have just to deep dive abit more?
    Initiative is on the top left of the combat tab in the PC character sheet. If the PC is present in the CT the result of this roll will be applied to the record in the CT.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The Dex bonus for AC is added to the 2nd page of the character sheet (in the AC calculation) automatically. If you enter 18 into the Dex stat of a character, you should see a +3 in the golden box next to the Dex stat, and you should see the character's AC read as 13 (assuming it is a new character with no armor assigned). If you got to the Combat tab of the character sheet, you should see a +3 in the field titled "Dex Modifier".

The character's initiative can be rolled from either the front page or the Combat page of the character sheet by double-clicking the Initiative field (the gold one with the little die next to it) in either location.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Also, the GM can roll Initiative for the Players, the NPCs or everyone via clicking on the "Menu" button in the upper left corner of the CT.

Blog Entries
    Hi again Targas... check your PMs.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thanks. The confusion came up, as I've created a mod with NPC's and the NPC char sheet is not having the same char char as for PC's.
    Is the DEX adjustment includedfor NPC's as well?

Thread Information