FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Bugs found with 3.02 and 50 Fathoms

So just played 50 fathoms and have experienced the following problems:

Chat - the text is treated as the NPC's name and the name of the NPC is was is actually said!

When spending a benny for an NPC the xml location is displayed rather than the NPC name (this might be Ikael's combat tracker)

/table did not work

/xp [3] did not work it told me to type /exp [x] but that did not work and just shows the /? text
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Had a look at these:

* Good catch on the story chat text. It works correctly if just clicked, but incorrectly if dragged. Fix coming.
    * Found the benny drop issue. Fix coming.
    * /table seems to be working for me. It shows the table help by default, and then I used /table FEAR or /table VCRITICAL.
    * /xp or /exp are not part of the base ruleset, so assuming this is something in one of Ikael's extensions?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Had a look at these:

* Good catch on the story chat text. It works correctly if just clicked, but incorrectly if dragged. Fix coming.
    * Found the benny drop issue. Fix coming.
    * /table seems to be working for me. It shows the table help by default, and then I used /table FEAR or /table VCRITICAL.
    * /xp or /exp are not part of the base ruleset, so assuming this is something in one of Ikael's extensions?

Regards,
    JPG
    Slashcommand handler seems to broken in Savage Worlds with 3.0.2 or is it broken everywhere else as well? SW's slashcommand handler was updated to be Comm.registerSlashHandler and all parameter are broken now. Handler is documented to accept two arguments: function onSlashCommand(command, parameterstring) where parameterstring is expected to contain parameters, but in SW command argument is the one. Has this something to do with 3.0 compatibility flag?

Other parts of the documentation state "Slash command handlers will receive one parameter, a string containing the remainder of the chat line following the command that can be used to issue parameters."
    Last edited by Ikael; January 16th, 2014 at 17:37.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    Slashcommand handler seems to broken in Savage Worlds with 3.0.2 or is it broken everywhere else as well? SW's slashcommand handler was updated to be Comm.registerSlashHandler and all parameter are broken now. Handler is documented to accept two arguments: function onSlashCommand(command, parameterstring) where parameterstring is expected to contain parameters, but in SW command argument is the one. Has this something to do with 3.0 compatibility flag?

Other parts of the documentation state "Slash command handlers will receive one parameter, a string containing the remainder of the chat line following the command that can be used to issue parameters."
    That might be why tables do not work in 50 Fathoms?

I added some extra tables in the extension.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

You need to modify any slash command handlers you register to have two parameters in the callback function (command, params). I changed all the versions in the SW base ruleset, and updated the ChatManager.registerSlashHandler function to call the built-in function now.

Regards,
    JPG

You need to modify any slash command handlers you register to have two parameters in the callback function (command, params). I changed all the versions in the SW base ruleset, and updated the ChatManager.registerSlashHandler function to call the built-in function now.

Regards,
    JPG
    I am aware of that, but still the handler doesn't get parameters correctly. First one contains paramstring while second one is nil. I belive paramstring should be 2nd parameter, but thst is not the case in SW ruleset atm
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Hmm, strange, since /whisper, /wg and /reply use parameters and they are working for me.

Code:
    	ChatManager.registerSlashHandler("/w", processWhisper, "[character] [message]");
    	ChatManager.registerSlashHandler("/r", processReply, "[character] [message]");
    Code:
    function processWhisper(sCommand, sParams)
    end

function processReply(sCommand, sParams)
    end
    Maybe I can take a look at it, too. What extension and command should I look at?

JPG

Hmm, strange, since /whisper, /wg and /reply use parameters and they are working for me.

Code:
        ChatManager.registerSlashHandler("/w", processWhisper, "[character] [message]");
        ChatManager.registerSlashHandler("/r", processReply, "[character] [message]");
    Code:
    function processWhisper(sCommand, sParams)
    end

function processReply(sCommand, sParams)
    end
    Maybe I can take a look at it, too. What extension and command should I look at?

JPG
    Ah blast! I had two SW rulesets, and of course v302 + old ruleset combo to cause this. Phantomwhale has developed SW step ahead where /xp (and more) is part of the ruleset but it is not published yet. I hope merging these two version won't be issue. Atm my exts are based on v302 SW base. I would also like to see formattedtextfield locking in SW like it is in coreRPG, I tend to destroy contents during sessions

Another week another game some more bugs...

This first one is using Enchance Combat Tracker:

If a Player targets a Visible token on the map, but he is the member of a group where the first token is not visible, then the target is not shown on the player tracker in blue.

Attacks window on mini-sheet is not resizable:

Attachment 5923

Joker bonus is not displayed in chat:

Attachment 5922

Think that was it today...

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

I found the joker issue. I'll push an update shortly.

The other two I'll leave for Ikael, since they are part of the SW Enhanced Combat Tracker and SW Enhanced Character Sheets extensions.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information