DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    I suggest a forwarded receipt of the customer service email you get showing you bought something, or if you have only hardcopy books for modules and AP's, a phone picture of the book.

This sharing applies to modules, adventure paths, quests, and goblin attacks. Any pathfinder society material that involves a gm and players playing.

And please direct any and all thanks to Jesse Davis aka Ironhelixx who championed your cause to the big people.

Quote Originally Posted by wvpolarbear View Post
    I suggest a forwarded receipt of the customer service email you get showing you bought something
    I can almost promise I have never kept a receipt after I've bought something

a phone picture of the book.
    This I can do

And please direct any and all thanks to Jesse Davis aka Ironhelixx who championed your cause to the big people.
    Jesse Davis aka Ironhelixx, I want to have your babies.....

Don't want to split hairs, but I'd like to know one distinction.

Mike Brock has indicated Vic Wertz, the technical officer, has no problem with campaign copying. Paizo has no problem with this, but do not violate copyright law. Both GM's must have a copy of the scenario, and any third party material must be removed because of said copyright laws. This will mean anything not ripped from the Scenario PDF or from stock Fantasy Grounds must be removed.
    Does the phrase "and any third party material must be removed because of said copyright laws" consider us (the GMs, not Smite Works) to be a third party and thus our personal content such as tokens have to be removed? This is assuming an original creation with which we hold IP and copyright, not something off Google.

Also does the phrase "anything not ripped from the Scenario PDF or from stock Fantasy Grounds must be removed" mean that any Paizo material from another product, such as the face cards, have to be removed? I assume yes for sold products but no for Community Use items, though it sounds even Community Use items would have to be removed.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Very cool. Thanks to IronHelixx!

Just to be safe, when I create them now I'll only use the pdf, then export that to share, then go back and fill in any gaps with 3rd party stuff for my own use.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    Also does the phrase "anything not ripped from the Scenario PDF or from stock Fantasy Grounds must be removed" mean that any Paizo material from another product, such as the face cards, have to be removed? I assume yes for sold products but no for Community Use items, though it sounds even Community Use items would have to be removed.
    Yes, along the same line, I usually make a token from the image in the bestiary when an encounter refers to the bestiary and doesn't include a picture in the scenario. Am I assuming correctly that I would need to replace these with letter tokens? Is that how Roll20 GMs share prepared scenarios? It will unfortunately reduce the immersion, but it's still fantastic news!

Thanks for supporting the FG community!

Quote Originally Posted by lachancery View Post
    Yes, along the same line, I usually make a token from the image in the bestiary when an encounter refers to the bestiary and doesn't include a picture in the scenario. Am I assuming correctly that I would need to replace these with letter tokens? Is that how Roll20 GMs share prepared scenarios? It will unfortunately reduce the immersion, but it's still fantastic news!

Thanks for supporting the FG community!
    Yea I'm just gonna remove all tokens and pictures, let people do their own thing. I'm not sure why paizo would care if I stole images that weren't theirs in the first place. My biggest time sink is entering text and adding spells/effects to parsed mobs. So taking 20-30 mins to find pictures and tokens won't be a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Trueshots View Post
    I'm not sure why paizo would care if I stole images that weren't theirs in the first place.
    This is a publisher underlining that they have given you specific permission to use their stuff in a limited way: privately between individuals who have both purchased the product; but that you shouldn't distribute other copyright material without the permission of the copyright holders of said material.

From replying to copyright related posts on these forums it is obvious that there is a large proportion of the online community who don't understand copyright at even the most fundamental level: believing it is OK to copy and distribute anything if they don't charge for it, believing that anything found on the internet is copyright free, believing that anything that is published for free is also copyright free, etc., etc... Most publishers will be quick to outline what copyright is - both for their products and for others. I would imagine that this is what Paizo is doing here - reminding people to not include other, third party material that is covered by another party's copyright.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trueshots,
    if you purchase any materials on paizo.com like a scenario, you will receive a customer service email. This is what I mean when I say a receipt.

As to other concerns:
    If you yourself have copyrighted material you own in your scenario, and you give permission to the person your are transferring the campaign to to use it, you can leave it in.
    To give a brief description of how a possible game transfer might work, I will use two totally made up names.

GM One has a scenario, and GM Two wants a copy. One must remove all non paizo copyrighted material, and transfer it to Two. Two can then reinsert the material if he enjoys breaking international copyright laws, or has permission to use them.

Community Use Material from paizo is open for use. It can be transferred.

Roll20 campaign transfers work completely different than FG. The originator of a Roll20 campaign always has complete control over any copies and so is still responsible for any content in it. The person they are giving a copy to merely has table rights to manipulate tokens.

I hope that this great news can salve some broken hearts over the chronicle sheet fiasco. I assume that this will greatly reduce the time one needs to prepare for a scenario, as I know it dramatically does for Roll20.

Thank you sir for answering our questions. It should be a great help indeed.

Now to come up with a way to prove purchase of digital material (assuming we deleted the receipt email). Is it possible to get the email resent from our Purchase History account section? If not I suggest a single volunteer that we all trust view and validate scenario ownership. I nominate Trenloe since he's, well, a VO. If Paizo trusts him, I do too.

Two can then reinsert the material if he enjoys breaking international copyright laws...
    Yar!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6oKjuvA55g

Thread Information