STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 44 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    the way to auto scale tokens correctly is to use the grid... this applies only to pcs/npcs/monsters as it picks up their size from their description.

Couple of quick questions:
    1) Does this work with 3.0.6?
    2) Does it work with Pathfinder?
    3) I seem to remember having issues when the clients didnt have this module and I did before. Things like errors if I resized the grid, things not being sized correctly, and a host of other problems. Has this been fixed? Do all the players need the mod installed for it to work?
    4) I create a base campaign and then export modules for each book of the adventure path, using this tool should I adjust my maps in the base campaign?

1) yes, see the first line of post #1.
    2) yes.
    3) only the GM needs this installed.
    4) exporting images to a module will not export all layer details, so if you are making use of the layers on only a few images then make the base image in a campaign without this extension and export. Then open that module in a campaign with the extension and make the changes you want within the campaign. This changes the data being used in the campaign, not the base module.

The first couple of posts in this thread outline how to use, gotchas and current issues.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    1) yes, see the first line of post #1.
    2) yes.
    3) only the GM needs this installed.
    4) exporting images to a module will not export all layer details, so if you are making use of the layers on only a few images then make the base image in a campaign without this extension and export. Then open that module in a campaign with the extension and make the changes you want within the campaign. This changes the data being used in the campaign, not the base module.

The first couple of posts in this thread outline how to use, gotchas and current issues.
    Thanks!

Finally installed this extension and started playing around with it today, one small nit: The tooltip for the toggle layer toolbar button is "Toggle Grid Toolbar" instead of "Toggle Layer Toolbar". When you expand the layer buttons, they all seem to have correct tool tips, except for the top/play layer button, which doesn't seem to have a tooltip at all. I just downloaded the extension today, so I should have the latest version, v1.0.3 right?

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    Finally installed this extension and started playing around with it today, one small nit: The tooltip for the toggle layer toolbar button is "Toggle Grid Toolbar" instead of "Toggle Layer Toolbar". When you expand the layer buttons, they all seem to have correct tool tips, except for the top/play layer button, which doesn't seem to have a tooltip at all. I just downloaded the extension today, so I should have the latest version, v1.0.3 right?
    You've the right extensions. The toggle grid toolbar is a bug in the extensions, I'll fix that in the next release.

The tooltips on the layer buttons will only display on the buttons that aren't current selected - the button that is currently selected will not display a tooltip. This is standard behaviour for these buttons.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Updated to be FG 3.0.8 compatible. There were only minor changes in the CoreRPG code this extension was built on, so there shouldn't be issues continuing to run v3.0.7 of this extension (unless you drag the Next Actor combat tracker button to a hotkey).

I downloaded the most recent version of this extension, and, while I see the Layers Control icon, I do not see the x-y coordinate button that Zeus mentions in his video. Was that functionality removed along the way? (I have read this thread, but not Zeus's original thread...)

Also, I noticed the following when experimenting with putting pushpins on different layers (I hadn't yet seen some of the pushpin guidance for this extension - which is very helpful, by the way): If I click on the Layers Control button, and select a layer to manipulate, and then click the Layers Control button again to close Layers Control, I am not, automatically, looking at all three layers top-down. I'll be explicit:

Click Layers Control
    Click layer 3
    add pushpins to layer 3
    Click layer 2
    add pushpins to layer 2
    Click Layers Control to exit

At this point, I see the pushpins for layer 2, but not those for layer 3.

So, should one always click on the top layer before exiting Layers Control if, for example, you make changes to the middle or bottom layer?

I'm re-watching Zeus's video right now, but I don't remember anything explicit on this.

[b.r.b.]

Ok, I think that it is implicit that you would ordinarily be working on the top layer last, and if you close the tool, you're left looking at all three layers.

Is this only the GM's problem? If I share the map, do the players automatically see things from layer 3 down, irrespective of the GM's view of it?

Does this make sense? Or am I off in the weeds on this?

Thanks.

- s.west

Closing the layer selection control doesn't change the layer to the top layer. Think of it more as minimising the control rather than actually closing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post
    Is this only the GM's problem? If I share the map, do the players automatically see things from layer 3 down, irrespective of the GM's view of it?
    Player don't have access to this control and always view from the top layer as they can only interact on the top layer.

FYI - if you didn't know this already, you can start another instance of FG on your computer and join game to an already running campaign using a server address of locahost - this will allow you to see the player view. No need for an additional license, using localhost as the server address doesn't need a player license.

Got it, and my user (localhost) view, as well.

Thanks.

Was the x-y coordinate feature dropped?

Thread Information