DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 44 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by mattcolville View Post
    That's cool, I think I have a simple workaround.

I just made a large (1200x1000) white jpg and I can use that whenever I need to make a new image. I can drop a grid on it, populate it with tiles, easy. I was running into problems making a new image in FG3 and then trying to massage it into the shape I needed it to be. Way easier to just made a "blank" jpg in photoshop and bring it into FG3 any time I need a new encounter map.
    LOL! I was just coming back to this thread to say just that.

Here is an example of using a blank, coloured image and then using tiles on the base layer, furniture etc. on the middle layer and tokens on the top layer: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post168266 And the grid should synch OK across all layers, even when zooming!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

With v3.0.4 release, a script error was reported with this extension.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post177285

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    With v3.0.4 release, a script error was reported with this extension.
    Thanks. I was pretty sure it would need updating.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Updated to 1.0.3 for Fantasy Grounds 3.0.4 - this fixes errors when deleting tokens from the combat tracker.

Also removes player client errors when adding, resizing/nudging and removing a grid on an image that was open on the player side.

Thx. It's funny that I commented above but didn't notice the actual script error issue - so much for drive-by humor.

BUG: Enhanced Images does not respect existing grids

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Add a grid to a map/image without EI installed
    2. Exist FG and enable Enhanced Images
    3. Go back into the campaign and look at the map - it has multiple, superimposed grids

Expectation: EI should respect any existing grids and convert/maintain, as relevant

See attached image.

NOTE: Deleting the grid and setting up a new one doesn't seem to fix the problem. Not sure how to fix this issue at the moment.

OK - update - I deleted the grid, closed the image, exited FG a second time and came back again with EI enabled and the grid artifact is now gone.
    Last edited by HoloGnome; June 7th, 2014 at 19:15.

Is this on a new blank image in FG or is it an image based off a file?

There is currently an issue with FG blank images once they have been expanded. See recent posts above and the issues list in post #2.

Not sure what you mean by "blank images". I was using the canvas I made earlier. It was in the campaign images data folder. It does not have a printed grid - here it is: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...0&d=1402155133.

Also, I had the following, additional problems:

1. I released token scaling and all the tokens suddenly became huge and there was no way to unscale them. I had to delete all my map tiles (delete all tokens) and start over. I had placed a bunch of scaled map tiles. Not exactly sure of the steps to reproduce, but I lost all my work.
    2. I accidentally dropped a tile under another tile and there was no way to get to it without moving tiles and looking for it.
    3. I did encounter the targeting issue (already listed, as I see - thx for pointing me in that direction - I agree that map layers should not target - only the top)
    4. When I move tokens, I don't want them to leave a ghost behind in the original position on map layers - it serves no purpose and interferes visually (for me).
    5. I want an opacity control so that I can choose the opacity of all tokens so that I can more easily align/scale them to the grid (in the case of tiles that have a pre-printed grid).
    6. I want an auto-scale feature that will apply the same scale factor to all tokens when I place them or if I group select them. I was getting really tired of scaling every macro tile (multiple grid blocks). I want it to remember how so that I can either drag all the tiles over, then group select. Or scale 1 tile and give it a profile name, then use that scaling profile to apply to new tiles that I drag.
    7. The grid scaling is not accurate. My canvas is 1500x1000 and I was choosing 20x20 and 25x25 grid squares, which should have perfectly filled the window, but they don't/didn't. This observation is also in line with the fact that snap-to-grid doesn't really work very well - things are always slightly off, one way or another.

Anyway - am trying to use Enhanced Images with map tiles, but have had some challenges.

-----
    CORRECTION TO THE ABOVE: the grid does actually fit exactly in my canvas, but when it initially appears, it is misaligned. You can use the grid controls to align it (as I discovered today).
    Last edited by HoloGnome; June 9th, 2014 at 00:48.

Holo, many of your 'problems' are feature requests, and if you don't go over to the wish list and enter them, no one can vote for them to help solve your problems. You have brought many good, fresh ideas to the table, but one small recommendation I have is to not characterize something that doesn't meet your expectations as a 'problem' or, worse, a 'bug.' These guys work tirelessly to bring us new capability at a very reasonable price (zero), and I know that your well-intentioned feedback is like tiny daggers to them (because the implication is gee, why didn't you derelicts implement this in a more reasonable [to you] manner?) Now, it just so happens that your experience and ergonomics sense seem to be pretty outstanding in most (possibly all) cases, and they are certainly worth paying attention to. Just realize that they have almost zero chance of getting implemented if they don't rise in demand on the wish list, no matter how great the ideas are.

That said, as far as I personally am concerned, please bring on your recommendations and thoughts. You've come up with some outstanding ideas.

Thread Information