FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 44 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Here's a way. Create an Encounter and add a 'Secret Door' entry and assign it a token. Now drag the token from the Encounter window to the map you want it placed on. You should get a tick in the Encounter window indicating that the pre-placement of the token has been recorded in Encounter.

You can now export the map and encounter and the included token should export as well.

Now when you drag the Encounter to the CombatTracker during play, it will pre-populate the map with the Secret door token. Just don't make the SecretDoor npc entry visible or the players will know its there. Of course the GM will always see the tokens on the map.
    I can't say that I like that option very much as now you have a bunch of extra characters in the tracker that you have to stumble over... occasionally the tracker gets screwed up in terms of effect timers when you have to jump over characters..
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Blog Entries
    i like it - and you would only have the one extra character in the CT and only in the room once you trigger/set the encounter. you wouldnt have these tokens in the CT unless the encounter was active.

The challenge is that you typically want a pristine image record when you export something (i.e. no mask, no drawing, no tokens). I'm sure when we get a chance to add image enhancements including tiles, layers, etc.; that this is something we will need to look at.

Regards,
    JPG

I have this extension, using it in a 4E campaign, and for some reason when I add a grid on any layer to an image, then click on another layer, I get three grids, one on each layer, and all offset.

I also notice when I drop down a grid, the grid is not at the scale I specified. Like, the little mouse indicator says "This is 50px" and I say "Ok" and click, and the grid that's set down is much smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by mattcolville View Post
    I have this extension, using it in a 4E campaign, and for some reason when I add a grid on any layer to an image, then click on another layer, I get three grids, one on each layer, and all offset.
    What version of the extension are you running? (You'll see it in the chat window when you start a campaign). Are you running FG 3.0.3 live or 3.0.4 test? Does this occur with images made from files or with blank images created in the list, or both?
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 27th, 2014 at 06:06.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I also notice when I drop down a grid, the grid is not at the scale I specified. Like, the little mouse indicator says "This is 50px" and I say "Ok" and click, and the grid that's set down is much smaller.
    Sorry, can you explain this please? Are you referring to an OK button or something similar? Please describe the exact steps taken here as I'm a little confused by this...

Also, are you running any other extensions?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Example! Yay for technology!

I think you can see the issue here. The second issue that I couldn't explain well is that at :33 seconds, you see me drop a grid and FG3 drops the grid in accordance with the little green box.

But! At 2:02 you see FG3 does *not* put the grid where the little green box was! Maybe because I was zoomed in?

I'm running the release version of FG3, the extension version and FG3 version appear to be in accord.

Example! Yay for technology!

I think you can see the issue here. The second issue that I couldn't explain well is that at :33 seconds, you see me drop a grid and FG3 drops the grid in accordance with the little green box.

But! At 2:02 you see FG3 does *not* put the grid where the little green box was! Maybe because I was zoomed in?

I'm running the release version of FG3, the extension version and FG3 version appear to be in accord.
    Thanks for taking the time to make the video and show the issues you're seeing. Expanding the drawing is what breaks the layer grid synchronisation as this only expands one of the layers. This is a known issue and is listed as issue #3 in post 2.

Just to expand on what you said a few times in the video - there is a grid applied on each layer, so the grid on the top layer looks bolder than the grid on the bottom layer as the top layers shows all 3 grids at once. This is needed to have a grid visible on all layers - allowing mapping objects to be aligned properly throughout. Of course, if there is then an issue with each layer not being the same size then the grids will be out of alignment - which is what you're seeing.

That's cool, I think I have a simple workaround.

I just made a large (1200x1000) white jpg and I can use that whenever I need to make a new image. I can drop a grid on it, populate it with tiles, easy. I was running into problems making a new image in FG3 and then trying to massage it into the shape I needed it to be. Way easier to just made a "blank" jpg in photoshop and bring it into FG3 any time I need a new encounter map.

Thread Information