DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 44 First 1234513 ... Last

How hard would it be to add a "Show To GM Only" toggle for the middle layer? That would be really handy for putting map notes and room numbers and so forth on the map that you don't want your players to necessarily see. Although I guess you would have to put that information down in the form of tokens right? Maybe not as useful as I originally thought....Thoughts? Is there another way to accomplish that goal that already exists?

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    Is there another way to accomplish that goal that already exists?
    Pushpins/shortcuts - link these to a story entry with the title being what you want to see when you hover over the pushpin. Plush clicking on the pushpin will open a story entry that usually has all the info for that room: boxed text, details, encounters/NPCs, etc.. See the "Pins" section here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Images

EDIT:See page 6 of this guide for an example: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...3&d=1377887605
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That's great for linking story entries to the map, solves 90% of what I was considering. What about if I want to note the location of a secret door? Do a create a separate story entry for that and pin it as well? An invisible token of the letter S? Any other ideas?

An invisible token of the letter S?
    Yeah, probably an invisible token would be best, and write some details in the chat entry box and drag this to the token to give it a tooltip label, e.g. "Secret Door, DC 25 Perception".
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hopefully that will get saved correctly when I export to module?

Blog Entries
    yes - pins/shortcuts are (imho) the best way to put everything on the map.
    they do get exported in your modules
    ive started calling my encounters - ENC:Something-or-other so i can see it when i hover over the pin, same for TRAPS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-PqBEJ8BRM

Tokens on maps don't survive the export process, so that's not a good way to deal with secret doors. I guess I'll just create simple story entries for those and pin them.

Blog Entries
    Tokens in Encounters will stay though
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx7CtPsdNbA
    I do recommend you use pins for all things of interest - they are visible to you - they link to the source material and they are invisible to players.

There is a request for different colour pins - that woudl be nice - eg: Red/Story, Blue/Encounter, Black/Trap etc.

Blog Entries
    Tokens on maps don't survive the export process, so that's not a good way to deal with secret doors. I guess I'll just create simple story entries for those and pin them.
    Here's a way. Create an Encounter and add a 'Secret Door' entry and assign it a token. Now drag the token from the Encounter window to the map you want it placed on. You should get a tick in the Encounter window indicating that the pre-placement of the token has been recorded in Encounter.

You can now export the map and encounter and the included token should export as well.

Now when you drag the Encounter to the CombatTracker during play, it will pre-populate the map with the Secret door token. Just don't make the SecretDoor npc entry visible or the players will know its there. Of course the GM will always see the tokens on the map.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thread Information