DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 34 of 44 First ... 243233343536 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    Error reported when starting FGU with this extension in the extensions folder:

[10/28/2019 9:53:33 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
    [10/28/2019 9:53:33 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Extension Info Load (Enhanced Images): '<', hexadecimal value 0x3C, is an invalid attribute character. Line 16, position 280.

Note that this is immediately after starting FGU, and still sitting on the launcher screen.
    I would never expect this extension to work with FGU. FGU already has or will have layers and revamps all the image controls. Hence necessitating a complete re write of this extension if the capabilities of this extension are not built into FGU.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

True, but it should fail silently. I guess it's too late to wish for a new XML element to put in extensions to tell them they're not FGU compatible.

Blog Entries
    It's not too late for such. But personally I would expect every extension to fail in FGU until the dev gets a chance to update and validate it. But never hurts to point thing out that are failing.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Why would you think that? I thought the goal was for all rulesets, extensions, and modules to be fully forward compatible with FGU. In this one specific case, the functionality is superceded by new functionality in the FG 'platform', but in general I would expect all those things to keep working.

This particular extension interferes with the image controls of FG and those are completely different in Unity. I would therefore expect any extension which has anything to do with image control to fail. As LE says this extension is redundant in Unity anyway.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Blog Entries
    Why would you think that? I thought the goal was for all rulesets, extensions, and modules to be fully forward compatible with FGU. In this one specific case, the functionality is superceded by new functionality in the FG 'platform', but in general I would expect all those things to keep working.
    There is a post around here somewhere from Moon Wizard stating that is not the case and exactly what can be expected to be forward compatible and what wont be. in short, all modules should be forward compatible, but any rulesets or extensions that modify image controls will not work. FGU has completely new image controls, that how we have LOS, drawing tools, effects, layers, etc.

So, this extension which is primarily a y about image controls, should not be expected to work with FGU. In fact, most of what this extension does will already be built into FGU, if I understand this extensions capabilities.

While I think image layers is turned off right now in FGU, it is a a capability that is planned for implementation in FGU.

Ok, that's quite a bit different than "But personally I would expect every extension to fail in FGU until the dev gets a chance to update and validate it."

Blog Entries
    Ok, that's quite a bit different than "But personally I would expect every extension to fail in FGU until the dev gets a chance to update and validate it."
    I like to think I'm a realist, but maybe I'm just a pessimist? ;O

The problem is that the XML engine for FGU is stricter than the XML engine for FGC and there's no way to make it less strict. Also, it's also built-in and doesn't have to be maintained by us as a third-party library, which is a big maintenance win. The downside is that there will be a few extensions and modules that will need to be fixed up to remove these errors by correcting XML to be valid. The final note is that fixing these items will work for both FGC and FGU in the long run.

Finally, as already mentioned, this extension in particular should not be used in FGU. Everything in the image record is different.

Regards,
    JPG

Hi ! maybe a newb question. I am using SWADE ruleset, and this extension only.
    When I prepare the encounter I position the creatures on the top layer of my map. Later when I try to Add that encounter to the combat tracker it populates the combat tracker with just empty slots that are not connected to actual NPC entries from the encounter (exact number of dummy slots in the combat tracker as there are creatures in my encounter). Also the Tokens appear on the desired map, but they are just tokens that everyone can move, and not connected to the empty entries in the combat tracker (so not NPCs but just unlocked tokens). Is that a known problem or I am just doing something wrong ?

Thread Information