FG Spreadshirt Swag

50 Fathoms Player Guide Issue

This might seem like a minor issue but I'm hoping someone has an answer to this.

The TLDR version is that the players and the GM see different things when clicking on the Races link in the 50 Fathoms Player Guide.

The 50F Players Guide is the explorer's edition and no amount of reinstalling, creating new campaigns or anything else has worked.

The reason this is problematic is that the version the player's see has content errors and I don't know how many other parts of the manual may be effected. This is just the most obvious one.

The players will see a collapsible list of races where the GM will see links. Also the GM's version has handy drag and drop entries for the racial abilities while the player's version doesn't.

We are using the 3.0.1 ultimate version with everything up to date.

I'd appreciate anyone who could shed some light on this.

Found it!

Right quick fix - make a backup copy of 50FPlayer.mod, then open it using Winzip/winrar/etc.

Delete Client.xml

For some reason the mod file contained different .xml files for client.xml and common.xml

I'll fix and upload correct version to FTP

Thanks for pointing it out, I have run two 50 Fathoms campaigns using this rule set and never noticed!
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thanks Doswelk for such a quick response! I actually got it working by deleting client.xml and replacing it with common.xml. If I didn't have a client.xml file in the 50FPlayer.mod then the book doesn't show up in the library. I tested this several times by restarting and clearing the client's cache. Maybe this is what you meant. Anyway it works! Now to figure out why Making Heroes->Races also points to an outdated races page... Anyway now client and server match so I can at least have my players seeing the same thing.

Thanks!

Ok so I also fixed the next problem I had mentioned. There seems to be a typo in common.xml at line 326. The class for the Races index should be sw_referenceindex not sw_referenceinlineindex. If you make that change and copy common.xml to client.xml all is good with the world! This fixes the broken page you would get going from Making Heros->Races.

Thanks Doswelk you really pointed me at the right places so I could clean this up. Hopefully these changes could be rolled into the version for the updater (provided they are the right changes).

Thanks again!

Requesting Minor Fix

I really appreciate the fact that the 50Fathoms Guide for Savage Worlds was updated and fixed with the latest 3.0.2 push but I have one more modification I'd like to see. It is really minor but every time I go to patch it tries to overwrite my version so it would just be easier if it was rolled into the official version.

There seems to be a typo in common.xml at line 326. The class for the Races index should be sw_referenceindex not sw_referenceinlineindex. If you make that change and copy common.xml to client.xml this fixes the broken page you would get going from Making Heros->Races.

Thanks!

I found that one!

Thanks anyway, I've uploaded a fixed version to Smiteworks. Please let me know of any graphics I have to add (as 3.02 has added more graphics...)
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

I just downloaded and updated the 50F Player Guide and the Making Heroes->Races issue is still present. I'm assuming there is a delay from when you upload it and when it gets onto the patch server?

Also, when you say missing graphics do you mean missing from the theme or missing from the docs?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by orsmab View Post
    I just downloaded and updated the 50F Player Guide and the Making Heroes->Races issue is still present. I'm assuming there is a delay from when you upload it and when it gets onto the patch server?

Also, when you say missing graphics do you mean missing from the theme or missing from the docs?

Thanks!
    This seems to work on my copy now - perhaps try the update again ?

Ben
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

I just tried again. It downloads something but the version still doesn't have the fix I suggested for line 326 of common.xml. It has the more important fix where the players would see a broken Races page. The issue is super minor but I was just hoping it would get rolled back in. It is only if you go from "Making Heroes" to the "Races" link in there that you will see the issue.

Thread Information