5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 30 First 1234513 ... Last
    Yes, that information would be a true gem for anyone using Hamachi. Make sure Dulux-Oz sees this so he can include it in his future tutorial about setting up FG on a network.

Did you know Dulux had tutorials? Not many people know this. He really needs to learn to advertise more. *smirk*
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Create 2 networks in 1 installation of Hamachi, give 4 of your players the details (Hamachi network ID (name) and password if you use one) to connect to one and up to another 4 the access details to the second. For example:

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    Did you know Dulux had tutorials? Not many people know this. He really needs to learn to advertise more. *smirk*
    I will refer you to this post and remind you that I only keep "plugging" them because people keep asking questions which are already answered in them - if people are asking the same questions then it means that they either don't know about the videos, know about the videos and haven't watched them, or are stupid!

As I prefer to believe that people on this board are intelligent, then logically they keep asking the same questions because they DON'T know about the videos, and hence might learn something!

But fine, if board members feel that I'm spamming I'll stop - problem solved!

"Screw you guys, I'm going home!" - Cartman, South Park

And no, I'm not upset, nor do I feel under-appreciated - nor do I want to seen as a "spammer" or a pain-in-the-@rse (especially as I AM a pain-in-the-#rse, just ask my Players)
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

damned gives great guidelines on how to setup Hamachi for Fantasy Grounds here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ng-Try-Hamachi
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    ... because people keep asking questions which are already answered in them - if people are asking the same questions then it means that they either don't know about the videos, know about the videos and haven't watched them, or are stupid!
    It's why so many of my "answers" to questions include links to posts where the question has already been answered or good background info is provided. Most people just don't know where to look for info, but I will admit a small minority seem to not be aware of the "Search" facility... :/

And no, I'm not upset, nor do I feel under-appreciated - nor do I want to seen as a "spammer" or a pain-in-the-@rse (especially as I AM a pain-in-the-#rse, just ask my Players)
    I don't mind the spam - keep doing it. And keep drinking that honey bourbon stuff...

But fine, if board members feel that I'm spamming I'll stop - problem solved!

"Screw you guys, I'm going home!" - Cartman, South Park

I'm just teasing you. If I felt the videos weren't worth the spamming I wouldn't join in. And if I had a problem with you or your advertising I wouldn't publicly acknowledge your spamming as I prefer to avoid real conflict.

So spam away. You're making my job easier when I start taking on new players. And this won't be the last time I tag something for future videos (and subsequently spam them myself).
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    I'm just teasing you. If I felt the videos weren't worth the spamming I wouldn't join in. And if I had a problem with you or your advertising I wouldn't publicly acknowledge your spamming as I prefer to avoid real conflict.

So spam away. You're making my job easier when I start taking on new players. And this won't be the last time I tag something for future videos (and subsequently spam them myself).
    Yes, I know - but at the root of every tease, joke, myth, legend, etc, is a grain of truth, and if one person teases me about it then there are others out there who think its true - and as I said, I don't want to be seen as a spammer - I loath spammers, I think they are some of the worst people in the world, only one step above looters, thieves, and lawyers - sorry, that's a slur on lawyers

So while I know you're only joking there are others who do think it and who aren't joking - and I don't want to be the one responsible for that.

But, just for you: the link to my Tutorial Videos is in my Sig
    Last edited by dulux-oz; February 18th, 2014 at 02:55.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

If you own your own server (or vps) you can use OpenVPN using TAP interfaces (I haven't tried with TUN) as well with iptables like so:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d x.x.x.x -p tcp --dport 1802 -j DNAT --to-dest z.z.z.z:1802
    iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -d z.z.z.z -p tcp --dport 1802 -j SNAT --to-source y.y.y.y

where x.x.x.x is a public ip of your server, y.y.y.y is the vpn ip of the server, and z.z.z.z is the vpn ip of where you are running fantasy grounds
    Classic & Unity Ultimate License
    Timezone: US Central Time [CST = GMT-6/CDT = GMT-5]

Quote Originally Posted by JeffKnight View Post
    If you own your own server (or vps) you can use OpenVPN using TAP interfaces (I haven't tried with TUN) as well with iptables like so:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d x.x.x.x -p tcp --dport 1802 -j DNAT --to-dest z.z.z.z:1802
    iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -d z.z.z.z -p tcp --dport 1802 -j SNAT --to-source y.y.y.y

where x.x.x.x is a public ip of your server, y.y.y.y is the vpn ip of the server, and z.z.z.z is the vpn ip of where you are running fantasy grounds
    Interesting. Can you expand on this please? What additional setup would you need - like what would need to be running/configured on the GM's computer? What else would be needed on the VPS? Where would the VPS be (assuming in some data centre somewhere)?

Thread Information