5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 17 First 123412 ... Last
    Hey sciencephile. If I may ask you something, and I totally understand if it's too tedious to respond, but can you please tell me the exact file(s) you edited for your recent fix of the ruleset? I have a heavily modded BC version and I would rather hack in your fix or just replace specific files, if possible.

The recent fix was in regards to initiative so it would have been:

manager_action_init.lua [lines 42-78] (within the main script folder)
    record_char_main.xml [lines 73-74] (within the campaign folder)
    record_npc.xml [lines 253-254] (within the campaign folder)
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Thanks a lot sciencephile. Really appreciated. I've been extremely overloaded with work lately, so just getting around to things now. I'll update the stuff on my end. I'm getting close to finishing the BC tables and looking to put together a database of NPCs. It'll still be a while before I get a more-or-less complete version of the ruleset to send your way as I work in between real-life obligations, but things are coming along nicely. Again, thanks!

I am wondering if anyone else has this issue. When I load the DarkHeresy-TablesMods.mod it loads fine, looks correct on the GM side, but on the player side the text labels for each of the modifiers has its left anchor shifted and they end up even with the plus/minus button so the players can't read the first 3-4 characters of text for the modifiers. Not a huge issue, but it is such a great feature I'd like my players to use it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pratt View Post
    I am wondering if anyone else has this issue.
    Yep, I see that issue on the player side too.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This was an issue in the CoreRPG ruleset in v3.0, prior to the v3.0.2 patch. I'm guessing that the W40K Dark Heresy ruleset borrowed that code from the CoreRPG ruleset.

Regards,
    JPG

Yes. I had borrowed the utilities_modifers.xml page to be able to attach a hyperlink to a modifier (to give an explanation as to what the modifier meant). Now that I know the issue, I will make the fix (I actually looked into it last night but couldn't get it to cooperate).

Better yet, it would be a great added functionality for the Core ruleset to have the ability to attach a hyperlink to the modifiers (in which I will just delete my copied utilities_modifiers.xml out of the Dark Heresy ruleset and let it use the core's functionality).

JPG, if you plan on adding links to modifiers in a near future update, I will delete the borrowed page and update accordingly. Otherwise, I will borrow the updated modifiers page and just add the link element as I did previously.

Thanks,

Danny
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Ultimate License Holder

I don't have plans to add links to modifiers in the near term. Too many things queued up right now.

You could implement the modifier changes as a "merge" on the windowclass, instead of a full replacement too.

Cheers,
    JPG

Okay, thanks. I understand. I just didn't want to go one direction if it was being changed at the master level. I will experiment with the merge and reload the fix to this thread so it can be moved to the proper library area by someone with the proper rights.

Ultimate License Holder

Updated .pak file on this thread (first post). Fixed the modifiers not displaying for players.

Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information