STAR TREK 2d20
Page 15 of 17 First ... 51314151617 Last
    Sent.

Sorry to ask but can you send me that one too??
    Thanks i really wanted a wfrp 2nd updated ruleset
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Thanks to all who have contributed to the WH40k ruleset. I found that ShotGun Jolly has done a great job with Deathwatch and Only War.

There seems to be a second edition conversion of my original Dark Heresy ruleset but I cannot get it to load. When I download it and put it into my ruleset folder, the option for a dark heresy game does not appear.

Is the 2nd edition ruleset broken or am I missing something?
    Last edited by sciencephile; April 19th, 2016 at 22:58.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Hey there, I'm running into a similar problem posted earlier.

I'm having an issue assigning weapons to my PCs, with melee and ranged weapon loadouts appearing overtop each other, and this remains a problem even after clearing the PC's inventory and restarting the program. We are all using the same version of FG, and the same version of the rules set. Any help?

Also, second question, any stable way to change the grid distances from 5 meters to 3?

SovietOnion,

The issue is normally in the "class" box. Players need to fill this in as one of these values based on the weapon:
    Melee Weapons: Primitive, Chain, Power, Shock, or simply Melee
    Ranged Weapons:Pistol, Basic, Heavy, Grenade, Thrown or simply Ranged

Any other values will error. The start of the thread is also a basic ruleset users guide that should cover this also.

Advice on my Library Module

I've been tinkering around with my reference module that I'm creating for my DH campaign using the Dark Heresy v3.2 ruleset by Danny & Paul (under the CoreRPG v3.1.7) - and I'm nearly complete.

The minor problem right now is my drag & drop from my reference module to the character sheet. I thought I'd start with an "easy" task and try to do the Talents. I've attached a code sample to see if anyone would like to comment as to how ignorant I am. I've used this format after reviewing an export character. When I drag and drop nothing happens.

<talents>
    <id-00002>
    <benefit type="string">this is talent description</benefit>
    <locked type="number">0</locked>
    <name type="string">this is talent name</name>
    <shortcut type="windowreference">
    <class>ref_talent</class>
    <recordname></recordname>
    </shortcut>
    </id-00002>
    </talents>

I'm reviewing past forum posts now - hoping to come across someone with a similar problem.

My work-around right now is to just fill in a character template with all the talent entries so that the player doesn't have to spend the time to type it in. This activity so "OK" but I would like to take it a little bit further with a drag and drop.

Anyways..., thanks for reading.

Rook

Rook,

There is a specific way you would need to build a reference module. There are several pretty good examples of how to build one. The basics are to understand the way the rule set references the different fields in the shortcuts.

Here is an example of how a talent would need to be called out:

There is a header I don't remember the exact format, but I know this works:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
    <root version="2.0">
    Then start building the module data. First you have to build the library links:
    <root>
    <library static="true">
    <nameofyourmodule>
    <name type="string"> Name of your module </name>
    <categoryname type="string">WH40k Dark Heresy</categoryname> <-- This is needed as is to point to the correct ruleset
    <entries>
    <character_talents>
    <librarylink type="windowreference">
    <class>referenceindex</class>
    <recordname>lists.talents@Name of your module</recordname>
    </librarylink>
    <name type="string">Character - Talents</name>
    </character_talents>
    </entries>
    </nameofyourmodule>
    </library>
    Then the actual talent description list:
    <reference static="true">
    <talents>
    <nameoftalent>
    <name type="string">Name of Talent</name>
    <type type="string">Type of talent here (General for instance)</type>
    <prerequisites type="string"> What is required here </prerequisites>
    <description type="formattedtext">
    <p>
    Talent description
    </p>
    <p>
    2nd paragraph, just keep formatting as needed.
    </p>
    </description>
    </nameoftalent>
    </talents>
    </reference>
    Then finally the index list:
    <lists static="true">
    <talents>
    <name type="string">Talents</name>
    <index>
    <nameoftalent>
    <listlink type="windowreference">
    <class>referencetalent</class>
    <recordname>reference.talents.nameoftalent@Dark Heresy Basic Rules</recordname>
    </listlink>
    <name type="string">Name of Talent</name>
    </nameoftalent>
    </index>
    </talents>
    </lists>

</root>

Wow, that is a wall of text. I wonder if the 5e parser could be configured to DH? That is the format. You could do that for skills too.

Guys, I am working on updating the Dark Heresy rule set for the coming FFG v3.2. There are some changes in v3.2 that need to be worked in. I have a version working with 3.2 now, and have started to work on a graphics update. This is extensive. Attached is a screen shot of the new typical window.

Few notes, the search field will change that is a placeholder currently. The two white eagles at the top of the window will have a "message of the day" quote there in the final version. Coming up with a script to cycle thru a batch of random quotes. The red button is the frames will change also. Not sure what to yet, but they are unfinished. Work in progress, comments appreciated.
    Last edited by Paul Pratt; June 13th, 2016 at 04:36.

Nice touch using the data-slate 71.RT...., made me smile ��. And the addition of a random message of the day will be great, it reminds me of the 1st DOW start screen.

In summary, that layout looks great. It will add to a great atmosphere for the ruleset. Can't wait to try it out.

"An idol mind is a dangerous mind"

Rook

Thread Information