Starfinder Playlist
Page 12 of 17 First ... 21011121314 ... Last
    Is there anyone here on the Forum interested in helping me out for some cash - I've got a paypal account; lets get it done - Morbid

Guys have a much more full featured Dark Heresy 1.0 version. It may need a few updates for the latest FFG changes, but it has re-worked skills, a different weapons layout, and some other items I started a while back. I can post it if there is interest. I haven't worked on it at all to move it towards DH 2.0 though.

I'd like to take a look at your DH ruleset - so I can learn & the compare code - I think the insight it could provide would be great.

Otherwise for the establishment - not for nothing but FG needs a Ruleset Editor for those who don't know how to code nor wish to learn (prerequisite - you need to code to play it your way = wingo Fing go)

Quote Originally Posted by Morbid-Don View Post
    Otherwise for the establishment - not for nothing but FG needs a Ruleset Editor for those who don't know how to code nor wish to learn (prerequisite - you need to code to play it your way = wingo Fing go)
    This is pretty high up in the wishlist, but when a crowd funding project was ran for a third-party developer to produce such a ruleset it didn't fund. Some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Ruleset-wizard
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This version has several changes and WILL NOT be compatible with an existing game. I brought it more in line with CoreRPG and when I fired it up last night after 6+ months away, it worked fine. I didn't note any errors. If there are, let me know.

I can't stress enough to not open this in an existing campaign, your characters, items, and NPC's will be changed.

Sciencephile, I am not sure you want to post this version, check it out, you own the thread, if you like and decide to post it at the top of the thread, please warn users that this version is not compatible with existing campaigns.

I will give your version of the ruleset a go - though I still don't see the skill's section populated with the skills that are in the game - at this point I'm willing to just fill out 1 Character Sheet and have it used as the Player's Starting TEMPLATE - for Character Generation - I cant believe how difficult it is to just populate the skill's section - heck Ive even offered $ for someone to code it for me, to no avail (and XML its supposed to be easy, right lol)

Morbid-Don,

I have the ground work for a skills list in the data_common.lua There is the basic list with the attribute it is tied too. However, to use it, the skills tab of the PC and NPC would have to be reworked, and the skill scripts would have to be reworked. In speaking with several players and my own group we decided to leave them as fill in's and have the ability to toggle the attribute to roll against finding it more useful. It is extensive work. An easier way would be for you to create a library for skills, that way players could drop the skills into the tab and they would populate. Creating a library with the correct references is simpler I would think. The library would only work with the version you are running. The base file at the top of the thread versus the file I just posted- any created libraries for one, would need to be altered to work for the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbid-Don View Post
    heck Ive even offered $ for someone to code it for me, to no avail
    I wouldn't say no response in less than 24 hours is to no avail - you might get someone soon. Then again, you might not...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I think the library is the best way to go too! I will work on populating mine today! I wanana support FG so it can become better - send me a link to any KickStarter campaigns that go down - and I will be there to support - Stay GAMING all

Morbid

Another caution I have against populating the basic skills from the rule book is copyright. If it is populated is that and issue to use the names of the skills that come in the DH 1.0 rulebook? Looking into it, it might not be that difficult to do, no reason to add the advanced skill, unless a player buys them they can roll on them. But the basic skills would be an improvement.

I just don't want to step on toes ...thoughts?

Thread Information