DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 17 First ... 910111213 ... Last
    Does anyone have a Library Module for Dark Heresy they could share with me? Like PM me. Maybe we could set up our own wiki or outside website to keep stuff like this. Since it is not allowed on the fantasy grounds site.

I'm halfway through translating a Spanish language - Star Wars Saga edition Library module I could share when done. It's huge! all the expansions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesManhattan View Post
    Does anyone have a Library Module for Dark Heresy they could share with me? Like PM me. Maybe we could set up our own wiki or outside website to keep stuff like this. Since it is not allowed on the fantasy grounds site.

I'm halfway through translating a Spanish language - Star Wars Saga edition Library module I could share when done. It's huge! all the expansions.
    Not allowed.... full stop. Copyright law prevents you from sharing this data with anyone else...

Long time without any update...anything new or no more to improve beside the visual part...?
    Thanks
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

I wish Fantasy Flight Games would stop fronting and get with the program - heck WOTC got smart and look 5E officialness now supported! If I was a programer I would do it for them just to show them up - yeah I said it

Quote Originally Posted by Morbid-Don View Post
    I wish Fantasy Flight Games would stop fronting and get with the program
    The problem is that FFG don't own *all* of the rights to these - Games Workshop do. FFG have specific rights to produce a pen-and-paper RPG - not a digital version of that game (which is what VTTs are viewed as by company lawyers at this time). FFG would have to take out another licence to be able to provide this type of support - as much as we'd like it to happen, it probably wouldn't be a too lucrative add on (compared to the cost of the licence) for FFG.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Howdy and or Hail!

I've been trying to populate my character sheets skill section (as per earlier on this forum) "DataCommon.skilldata in the 3.5E ruleset code."

Moon Wizard suggested on this forum to look there - albiet the 3.5 PAK doesnt contain that file anyloner I suspect - thus I am at a loss as to how or where to begin; granted I did see that the Scripts>data_common.lua file does contain all the skills and their related characteristics defined in the PAK file supplied herein on this forum for Dark Heresy.

If this is too controversial to explain here - please send me a private message then and I will keep the response private and not post the answer on the forum.

Head Hurts

MorbidDon

I've been trying to populate my character sheets skill section (as per earlier on this forum) "DataCommon.skilldata in the 3.5E ruleset code."

Moon Wizard suggested on this forum to look there - albiet the 3.5 PAK doesnt contain that file anyloner I suspect - thus I am at a loss as to how or where to begin
    Moon Wizard was mentioning the 3.5E ruleset as an example. DataCommon.skilldata is still present in the 3.5E ruleset - look in scripts\data_common.lua.

As it happens, the WH40KDarkHerasy ruleset does handle skills the same way, so you're best just looking at the same script/table in the WH40KDarkHerasy ruleset for the base skills selection.

However, it doesn't look like there's any code that populates the skills in the WH40KDarkHerasy ruleset. For an example of how to do this, look at the 3.5E ruleset, campaign\scripts\char_skilllist.lua, constructDefaultSkills() function. This steps through DataCommon.skilldata and creates all of the skill entries (new windows within the skill windowlist).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

My understanding is;

Take the file "char_skilllist.lua" from 3.5 PAK then save it to the same folder in the DH-PAK?

I am literally "feeling" my way around this issue - I might hire a programmer to figure this out for me if I cant

MorbidDon

This is the data_common.lua file from the Dark Heresy PAK:

https://www.wurkhaus.com/fantasygrounds/data_common.lua

So as I mentioned before (I do see the skills in there) - just dont know how to get them to auto-fill inside of the Character sheet?

Morbid

P.S. Trenloe - i'd be willing to pay for you to update my files (paypal)

Please Advise

Take the file "char_skilllist.lua" from 3.5 PAK then save it to the same folder in the DH-PAK?
    That won't work. It's going to need code specific to the WH40K ruleset, taking the 3.5E code as an example and building on it.

I'm too busy with other coding project to help out. (I wouldn't take payment for providing more community ruleset functionality either).

Thread Information