DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

FG III and Savage Worlds :(

One of my players had upgraded to 3.0 before connecting to my game tonight, so of course he could not join us.

So we all upgraded.

Unless you really need to I would suggest you stay on FGII 2.9x right now, too many things are broken by 3.0

I am sure that PW and Ikael will have them fix sooner rather tan later, but tonight we observed:

Damage dice not always exploding.
    Combat Tracker targeting not working
    My custom Adventure deck not working

I disabled all of IKael's extensions before connecting (assuming they would not work), so not tried those.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thanks for the heads up... saves headache on my end.

The targeting is expected as the targeting system was completely overhauled in v3.0, and there was no way to maintain backward compatibility.

The other items should be addressable once we identify the issues. It may be something I can patch in the main client without changes to the ruleset. (except targeting)

Regards,
    JPG

Just tried to recreate the damage exploding issue, but it appears to be working in my old Zombie Run campaign. More details on which sheet/field you are rolling damage from? Other fields related to the damage (i.e. weapon, power, etc.)?

Thanks,
    JPG

Not quite as deepest, darkest Wales as before.
    As one of the player's concerned, the problems I encountered were:

- Dice not exploding when power clicked on the PC sheet
    - Dice not exploding from short cut which had been created by dragging from PC character sheet
    - Wound and fatigue and encumbrance modifiers not being applied on all rolls

I will do some more in depth testing tonight on the various settings I run and provide more feedback then.
    Time Zone: GMT

Preferred Systems: Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu

Currently Running:
    - Savage Worlds (Deadlands Noir) Campaign

Currently Playing:
    - Savage Worlds (Realms of Cthulhu) Campaign
    - Savage Worlds (Supers) Campaign
    - Savage Worlds (50 Fathoms) Campaign

Planned:
    - Savage Worlds - Space 1889

I also made the mistake to update to 3.0.

Bug: Fantasyground crashes if I clear the owner of a pc

My tests:
    - I created a new pc and this worked.
    - I took a look at the db.xml and detected a lot (!) of "<holder name="casamordius" owner="true" />" tags littered all over the character (151 holder tags in 1 character) which seem to make no sense at all. I am not sure if this has always been the case. In older chacters I even detected that there are multiple different holder tags inside the same character (I think these are remnants from switching the holder). This also seems to make no sense and looks like a bug.
    - I replaced all holder tags inside the file by nothing: after this the pc owner is cleared an can be selected by a player again
    - After selecting the pc I tried again to clear the owner and fantasygrounds chrashes again

conclusion:
    - seems there is a bug in the adding of holder tags
    - the clear owner process seems not to clear all all holder tags of a character

Quote Originally Posted by Casamordius View Post
    Bug: Fantasyground crashes if I clear the owner of a pc
    Which ruleset?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Casamordius,

* Which ruleset are you using? (assuming SW, since this is the forum)
    * You should not attempt to clear holder tags manually by editing the campaign XML, which can cause data loss in done incorrectly.
    * To unshare all records in the database, type /flushdb in the chat entry box. (This does not clear ownership.)
    * To clear the owner of a PC, right click on the PC in the Character Selection window and select the "Clear Owner" menu option.

Also, can you recreate the crash situation every time? If so, can you send me the campaign directory that causes the crash along with the steps to follow?

Thanks,
    JPG

scionofnyarlathotep,

Just took a look at the specific items mentioned. I'm running a vanilla SW ruleset. (v3.4.1 (Build 2))

* Both attack and damage rolls from attacks and powers tab on front of character sheet are applying wound/fatigue modifiers as well as exploding when max die value rolled.
    * When dragging attack and damage rolls to hot key bar, they are correctly exploding. However, wound/fatigue is not being applied when rolled from hot key bar.
    * I tried it on both the GM and player side.

Hopefully, phantomwhale can add the wound/fatigue from hot key bar. It looks like the modifiers are added when you start dragging, so it will require some ruleset changes to make it occur at a different time.

* Can you recreate the dice not exploding issue on your own machine?

Regards,
    JPG

Not quite as deepest, darkest Wales as before.
    Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard View Post
    scionofnyarlathotep,

Just took a look at the specific items mentioned. I'm running a vanilla SW ruleset. (v3.4.1 (Build 2))

* Both attack and damage rolls from attacks and powers tab on front of character sheet are applying wound/fatigue modifiers as well as exploding when max die value rolled.
    * When dragging attack and damage rolls to hot key bar, they are correctly exploding. However, wound/fatigue is not being applied when rolled from hot key bar.
    * I tried it on both the GM and player side.

Hopefully, phantomwhale can add the wound/fatigue from hot key bar. It looks like the modifiers are added when you start dragging, so it will require some ruleset changes to make it occur at a different time.

* Can you recreate the dice not exploding issue on your own machine?

Regards,
    JPG
    I've tried to replicate the issues from last night but without success except as noted above re the hot key issue.

My test was using SW with no extensions enabled and I also disabled the adventure deck. We were using 50 Fathoms last night so I am unsure if it was a setting specific issue. As I do not own 50F, I am unable to test it there. Perhaps Doswelk will have some success.
    Time Zone: GMT

Preferred Systems: Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu

Currently Running:
    - Savage Worlds (Deadlands Noir) Campaign

Currently Playing:
    - Savage Worlds (Realms of Cthulhu) Campaign
    - Savage Worlds (Supers) Campaign
    - Savage Worlds (50 Fathoms) Campaign

Planned:
    - Savage Worlds - Space 1889

Thread Information