DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Grid and token size issues

We played through an encounter this evening using FG2 and it worked well, we used to use maptools, and as of yet the players opinions are divided, but it's only the first session so I hope to bring them around to my way of thinking- FG2 4 the win.

Anyway we watched a tutorial about how to drop a token onto the gridded map, scale the map to the token- zoom in or out till the size is right, and then lock the token size- we did this. It didn't work, I don't mean a little bit- it just didn't work at all- we used control and the mouse will to re-size the tokens down, and then they all stayed the right size; which is great.

Is this the right way of doing things, am I missing something to recap-

Drop token on gridded map.
    Mouse wheel to get token exactly in square on grid.
    Right mouse button and radial to lock token scale.
    Drop next token in, and...

Hmm, about four times the size it should be...

Help.

Thanks again for this marvelous piece of software.

Cheers goonalan

Zooming the map so that one token fits and then locking the token scale will only work for you if your tokens are all the same size - as this is locking a specific token size to the grid.

The process you are following is not correct - you need to zoom in the map until the token matches the map grid, do not change the size of the token. As you zoom the map the token size will remain the same but the map size will change - when the token matches the size you want in the zoomed map then use the lock token scale right-click menu to lock the token scale. Zoom the map back out to the size you want to view it at the and token size should scale with the map. Any tokens you add in future will be adjusted based off this locked scale - so try to use tokens of the same size.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information