STAR TREK 2d20

How do I make tokens and where do I put them?

Sorry for all of the questions and my ignorance but I'm new to this, and also not very PC literate.

So I would like to make some tokens, I have plenty of images .png & .jpeg et al.

There are folders in the campaign, and in FG main titled 'portraits', but not one I can see called Tokens- I can't even find the location of the Letter tokens that come with FG?

The portrait files in the campaign are called-

id-00001 all the way to id-00007; they're just described as 'File' types- which I have no idea about.

In the main FG folder there's another portrait folder with .png images in- do I drop images in here? I don't think this is right because the a-z token bag is not in here- where is it?

I've tried following the instructions here-

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userg.../gm_tokens.xcp

But both methods talk about the 'tokens' folder, either in the campaign file or else in FG, there isn't a 'tokens' folder in either?

Once again any help is much appreciated.

Cheers goonalan.

Goonalan, I have to thank you for asking all the questions I seem to have

Would love an answer to this question also where is best to get the tokens from? Any advice?

Lost Soul

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Soul View Post
    Goonalan, I have to thank you for asking all the questions I seem to have

Would love an answer to this question also where is best to get the tokens from? Any advice?

Lost Soul

I have lots of tokens from when I used to play on Maptools- I mostly got them from downloading a massive torrent file called mapping_objects, just go search it out, also checking around the forums here I discovered valeros has made a token scraper- it's in the armory forum, I've just bumped it to the first thread so it's easier for you to find-

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...les-downloader

Now I just need to find out where to put them I guess, and how to use my existing .png & .jpeg files?

Cheers goonalan

In the base Fantasy Grounds App data folder (where you see folders such as campaigns and portraits) create a new folder called tokens. Under this folder create 2 folders: host and shared.

Then, drag your tokens to the tokens\host folder and these should appear in the GMs tokens box in FG - restart FG to see the tokens. If you add new folders in tokens\host then these will be seen as bags in the FG tokens window.

If you want players to see tokens, put then in the tokens\shared folder. A word of warning with this - do not put too many tokens in tokens\shared as these are downloaded to the players each time they login and it can significantly increase player start-up time if there are a lot of tokens being downloaded each time they connect to the GM.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you, only...

I did what you said and it has worked although there's no new bags, as in when I open up the tokens tab in FG there's the bag of letter tiles and then all of the tokens I dropped into the host folder, as in loose- there's no new bags...

Am I doing something wrong, and thanks again for taking the time.

I've been watching tutorial videos for the last 2-3 days off and on and the stuff on there is fantastic but doesn't seem (in places) to be simple enough, it took me two days to find the FG App Data file- apparently it's hidden somehow in Windows 7. Again not a criticism, I'm learning all of the time, and FG is looking pretty impressive so far.

Thanks again.

Add directories in the tokens\host directory - each new directory you add will be a token bag in FG. Then move the files into the relevant directory within Windows explorer.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

IT WORKS- OH MY WORD!

I know have hundreds of tokens.

Thank you, more questions will most surely follow.

Thanks again.

goonalan

If you don't see a tokens folder, create it.

Thread Information