DICE PACKS BUNDLE

View Poll Results: FG Con 4 - 2014 dates?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Friday May 9th - Sunday 11th

23 71.88%
  • Friday May 16th - Sunday 18th

21 65.63%
  • Some other weekend - please post in the thread below.

2 6.25%
  • I won't be attending FG Con 4.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

FG Con 4 - dates???

With FG Con 3 and a success from my experience and the feedback I've had so far, on to FG Con 4... When should we run this?

From experience of this convention, we are going to avoid periods of daylight savings changes - the majority of these will occur during March and the first weekend of April, so that rules May and early April out. Sunday April 20th is Easter. Friday April 25th is ANZAC day in Australia and New Zealand, Monday 5th May is Mayday holiday in the UK - the list goes on... So, the weekend of May 9th-11th or 16th-18th may be the best possibilities - please vote in the survey above. If you can make both of the suggested dates in May please select both.
    Last edited by Trenloe; January 26th, 2014 at 21:52.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    We've had the suggestion that the Con could possibly run for a week as many people work etc on weekends. Perhaps running the Con from Thursday to Sunday might be possible? We dont tend to get many games on the Friday as it stands but opening a day earlier will decide for itself - eg if no GMs or Players actually sign up then we know there is no interest. SmiteWorks open the license window up for the whole week already...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    We've had the suggestion that the Con could possibly run for a week as many people work etc on weekends. Perhaps running the Con from Thursday to Sunday might be possible? We dont tend to get many games on the Friday as it stands but opening a day earlier will decide for itself - eg if no GMs or Players actually sign up then we know there is no interest. SmiteWorks open the license window up for the whole week already...
    I like this idea. Would allow for some longer games to be run over multiple days possibly.

Also allow a GM to play in a game or two as well if they are interested.

Planning too long ahead will probably not work, as people not having to travel anywhere RL usually only decide shortly before the event starts, as we saw with several games. And it would also be very nice to have a longer event which does not center on weekends where most people have no time. I usually have zilch time weekends, this was just the exception because my husband was on a business trip that week and needed to rest.

A bi-monthly game day would also be cool.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I think when it comes to planning you are probably correct to some degree. Lots of people won't decide until close to the actual date and they may not be able to due to RL considerations.

I think what planning does is allow us to spread the word ( and promote ) so that more people are aware of it. We don't have to have the entire schedule full 2 months before hand. There were players who said they wished they had known about it sooner, by the time they found out most of the games were full.

I think your point about weekends is valid. For some of us it is the best time to game for others it is the worst. Probably adding the Thursday to the next con is the way to go. If we did this, the group I usually game with could be available to join in.

I know my current commitments around those dates. The first weekend will be around my son's birthday, so probably busy for that one. The second is ok (voted for). Other dates, the last weekend in May is Games Expo in Birmingham and already promised the kids we'll go.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Not quite as deepest, darkest Wales as before.
    Hoping to attend and GM this time after three non-shows. The weekend of 16 to 18th suits me better than the others and I will be at Expo again this year so that weekend is out of the running.
    Time Zone: GMT

Preferred Systems: Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu

Currently Running:
    - Savage Worlds (Deadlands Noir) Campaign

Currently Playing:
    - Savage Worlds (Realms of Cthulhu) Campaign
    - Savage Worlds (Supers) Campaign
    - Savage Worlds (50 Fathoms) Campaign

Planned:
    - Savage Worlds - Space 1889

previously NZ but now Mt Isa Qld Australia
    I think at this stage if a date is set (doesn't really matter what date) most people I am sure would be able to book in the time to attend, and organise anything else around it, unfortunately you can't please everyone but if people are really interested they can organise something to work around attending as it is a fantastic event (thanks to all the GM's and orgainisers). I think a few extra days would be good as well
    again I thank everyone involved in this community for organising this event, GMing, and even the players - I had an awesome game (thanks Damned and co.) and met some great people as well

I am not even able to know until a month or so beforehand if I can attend my RL cons - except the regular yearly SPIEL. Also, if you are in a family, it is about impossible to explain that, yes, you are home, but you are really at a convention... People will count you in to do stuff because after all, you are just online. And you don't know now what your family wants of you then.

At least that is my experience.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Thread Information