Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: TS server up?

Quote Originally Posted by cscase View Post
    This one fails to connect to the server if I leave off the port number. If I specify the port number (9152), it tells me that I have an invalid password.
    Yeah, I was unable to log in as well. Keeps telling me the password is incorrect.

Blog Entries
    hi guys - teamspeak has a default port but when you buy teamspeak from a teamspeak provider they will have many thousands of individual teamspeak servers on each machine. so that your client knows which slots to log into you are given a name/address + port number. our whole internet domain naming system was brought in because people remember names better than numbers (this is of course just a generality and not a universal truth ). many applications now support a feature that extends the dns system to also supply port numbers with host/cnames.
    basically when you enter teamspeak.fg-con.com our dns server replies with an IP address - but if your client supports it (and according to teamspeak all version 3 and up clients do) then our server can also report the port number which for that server is 9152 while for voice.fg-con.com which is currently an alternate server (but which may not be maintained) actually uses port 9280.
    afaik since the dns system was implemented you are the only two to report issues. can you tell me what operating system you are using and also who your ISP is? i would like to investigate this further.

btw the teamspeak servers have been most kindly provided by Mellock

Hi i'm having the same problem with Teamspeak but even if i use the port number i'm still getting errors also I have a feeling it my network as with I try and play FG it wont connect to other servers either. Not too sure how to fix this tbh.
    With great power comes an awesome game.

You can try and connect to the direct address, which is ts53.gameservers.com:9152 or the backup server at eurots5.gameservers.com:9280
    There's a heap of people in the main server now though... You guys are using the latest version, right?

My OS is Win7 Pro 64-bit, and my ISP is AT&T DSL. I did get the newest version from the TS site link that was provided on the con page, and did not have Teamspeak installed prior. Help->About says: TeamSpeak 3, Version 3.0.13.1 (10/23/2013 7:10:11 AM), Qt Version 4.8.3.

Ir could be that people's local DNS cache is having a problem. Run a Windows command prompt (on Windows 7 press <windows key>+r which brings up the run window, type cmd and press return. Then type ipconfig /flushdns.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    os - windows - tested ok
    ver - 7x64 - tested ok
    ts - ver 3.0.13.1 - tested ok

very strange. im sure you are experiencing a dns issue but I dont know how to solve it for you.
    take note of the actual server names that Mellock has posted above as your backup.
    please note they are 2 different servers - if you are on one and everyone else is on another... it will be a bit lonely

Thread Information