DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 13 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    When changing from 200+ pixels/square to 50 pixels/square, why not at least halfing the resolution with some professional paint program first?
    You can still run the aligned PNG mapalign generates, with the professional paint sw afterwards as well for compression, if you like to.

Try the attached - I've made it LAA (large address aware - which allows it to nearly double the memory it can use on a 64-bit operating system - the original was not LAA aware and so was limited to 2GB).

Even with this, when I try to load a 20,000 x 20,000 map it raises an out of memory error. The old app (not LAA aware) would just say it couldn't load it.

If you still have issues, you'll have to resize the map before you load into the map align utility and do your grid alignment.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Targas View Post
    When changing from 200+ pixels/square to 50 pixels/square, why not at least halfing the resolution with some professional paint program first?
    You can still run the aligned PNG mapalign generates, with the professional paint sw afterwards as well for compression, if you like to.
    As I stated in my first post, I am aware that I can resize it before passing it to this utility, and I have done so for the maps that are too large. I was wondering if there was support for the application to allow it to handle the large files without pre-editing.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Try the attached - I've made it LAA (large address aware - which allows it to nearly double the memory it can use on a 64-bit operating system - the original was not LAA aware and so was limited to 2GB).

Even with this, when I try to load a 20,000 x 20,000 map it raises an out of memory error. The old app (not LAA aware) would just say it couldn't load it.

If you still have issues, you'll have to resize the map before you load into the map align utility and do your grid alignment.
    This works perfect, it opened my large images without issue. Thanks much!
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    This works perfect, it opened my large images without issue. Thanks much!
    Cool! I've added the LAA version as an optional download in post #1.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you. I guess I should also build a 64-bit version in the future. Thanks

I added a video linked in the first post to explain in a bit more detail how to use this rather fine utility.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I put together a video on how I use the Map Align tool to align old maps. It's by no means the be all end all but it should help content devs get things done a little better.

---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

hey i recognise some of those maps in the folder you are saving to!

Thread Information