DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

More Encounter Maps

I've been making a lot of maps for Reavers of Harkenwold, but they could work for pretty much any game. I've been posting them all on a thread in the Cartographer's Guild, so here's a link to it. (If you don't frequent CG, you should, because it's an amazing mapping resource!)

https://www.cartographersguild.com/v...attlemaps.html
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Blog Entries
    Very nice Xorn. Were these made with Dundjinni or DD3?
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

DD3. I think one or two of the symbols came from Dundjinni. All of the maps are made with the Jon Roberts style pack from a free Annual that Profantasy released.
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM

Jon Roberts Dungeon Style free Campaign Cartographer annual available here: https://www.profantasy.com/annual/2011/june11.html

The free Battle Styles special is available here - the tutorials are good to get an idea of how to use DD3: https://www.profantasy.com/annual/2009/special09.html

I really like the Jon Roberts styles - I used the overland style to create these maps for the Carrion Crown Pathfinder Adventure Path: https://www.cartographersguild.com/m...ion+crown.html
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I really enjoyed all the Joe Sweeney tutorials, especially the battle tiles annual tutorial.

https://www.youtube.com/user/joeswee...index=5&view=1
    Ultimate License DM

Blog Entries
    Excellent once more! Thank you, Xorn.

On a side note - met Ralf Schemmann yesterday in Essen for a nice little chat. Unfortunately I can't expect the modern sets to be on par with the fantasy ones - they simply rule.

Well I finished the last map for Reavers of Harkenwold--The Iron Keep--which is a three-level castle/keep--I'm sure it would work for just about any fantasy game, so be sure to grab it. (I can put up a higher resolution version if folks really want it--I exported this one at 64 px/sq @ 60% JPG, because it's a biggun! (6900x4600 at my normal 100 px/sq, the PNG render was 28 MB, but the 64 px/sq @ 60% JPG was under 2 MB!)
    Ultimate License DM

Blog Entries
    Very nice! Now for next year I'll finally submit that every day gets 48 hours. That should help a doing all the stuff I want to do ;-).

What's a good science fiction map creation tool for someone that has no artistic talent and has never created a map using any software?

If you look at the Joe Sweeney tutorials above, he has a couple playlists devoted to sci-fi stuff. You can really do just about any kind of map with any software--there's some guys doing amazing stuff with GIMP, even. (I shouldn't write "even", as GIMP is amazing.) It's mostly about having the textures and symbols for the setting you want. Finding that stuff is the tricky part.

I'd like to do some Edge of the Empire stuff, but I haven't started tinkering with the mapping just yet. I love the rules/dice mechanics in EotE; if WFRP3e was the same system, I'd play it over D&D! The math in WFRP really gets skewed badly after just a couple ranks though, since Abilities and Skills both add extra dice, as opposed to EotE, where Ability & Skill/Expertise just upgrade the dice pool based on the higher number. Anyway don't mean to derail--check out the Sweeney tutorials even if just for some sci-fi map inspiration!
    Ultimate License DM

Thread Information