5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: TS server up?

TS server up?

I'm trying to connect to TeamSpeak, just to make sure I've got the client installed and working properly, and getting an invalid pw error message. How does authentication work? I am using the password given on the con page, here:
    https://www.fg-con.com/information/teamspeak/

Am I missing something obvious? Thanks!

Edit: Here's a screenshot of my connection setup.
    Attachment 5368
    Last edited by cscase; November 2nd, 2013 at 06:01.

Password is Dungeoneers - capital "D".
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah, that's not working for me. Typing it very carefully, making sure caps lock is off, etc etc, or even pasting it directly from your post, no go. I'll keep working on it though. Just wanted to make sure the server is up and that the pw hasn't changed. I'm not registered for anything 'til tomorrow, and this sort of stuff is exactly why I figured to hop on early and work out kinks. Thanks Trenloe!

I totally can't discount the possibility that I am just having one of those moments, but nothing I am doing seems to work here. I can connect to servers on the public server list, but not to the fg-con.com one. I've tried:
    Uninstalling the 64-bit client and installing the 32-bit one
    Typing the password carefully into notepad, making sure that the D is capitalized: Dungeoneers
    Connecting directly to the server via its IP address - it is resolving to 66.55.131.26 for me
    Googled the error message. I'm not seeing really any cases where the problem is caused by anything other than simply a wrong pw

I'll try it again in the morning and hope it's just a temporary oddity.

Try: fgts.servegame.com:9152

You have to add the :9152 to the end of the server.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks much! That worked!

Blog Entries
    cscase - if you werre not using a TeamSpeak v3 or higher client it wouldnt pickup the port settings automatically.
    can you tell me what system etc you are using?

Hi Damned,
    Details are as follow:

• TeamSpeak 3 version 3.0.13.1 (tested with both 32- and 64-bit Windows versions)
    • Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1
    • My ISP is AT&T
    • For me, either fgts.servegame.com or teamspeak.fg-con.com both resolve to 66.55.131.26.
    • The address that Trenloe gave me on this thread worked for me, but now that I go back and test, either one actually will work, as long as I add the port number on the end. If I leave the port number off, it still doesn't work.

Let me know if you need me to test anything else or provide more info. Thanks!

This one fails to connect to the server if I leave off the port number. If I specify the port number (9152), it tells me that I have an invalid password.

Thread Information