DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dplehwalder View Post
    However, there is situations where the player should not be able to see this. For example its pitch dark, players are blind or a creature is obscured in shadows. I would like an option to turn off the info on an individual basis, so a mob that would not show damage can be played in a mixed group with mobs that would show visible damage to the players.
    Click the "eye" icon in the bottom left of an NPC entry on the combat tracker to hide all info to do with that NPC - the NPC will effectively disappear from the CT as far as the players are concerned.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I think the difference between "There are ways to make it work, if you do this, and that, and this other thing, you'll wind up with something sorta like what you want." and "There is a feature that does exactly what you're looking for." is the difference between "The money the creators of this program are asking for it is too high." and "The program is expensive, but worth every penny." But that's just me personally. Granted, no...this one particular thing isn't the straw on the camel...but at the same time it is an annoyance...one of a growing list.

Reasons for it's inclusion...darkness (as stated above, the party still knows the person is there but can't see them, or can't see them in detail), various illusions (that ogre might be glamoured to look like a human, and that claymore strike you just did might look like it grievously injured the human, but the actual ogre isn't quite so hurt), creatures the group aren't even remotely familiar with (you see a huge mass of tentacles and snapping teeth, and you hit it with a fireball...some of the tentacles look pretty singed, but you have no idea if that's the same as singing another creature's limbs or singing another creatures center mass...)

Maybe I'm misunderstanding things, as I'm still pretty new to the program...but there is currently no way to apply hit point damage to a creature on the tracker and have the party unaware of that creature having taken the damage? Honestly I'm pretty shocked to discover this (assuming that is what's being discussed). Yeah, more often than not, I think the party should be aware that they've done damage...but to just not have the option of turning that off? Screwy.

but there is currently no way to apply hit point damage to a creature on the tracker and have the party unaware of that creature having taken the damage? Honestly I'm pretty shocked to discover this (assuming that is what's being discussed). Yeah, more often than not, I think the party should be aware that they've done damage...but to just not have the option of turning that off? Screwy.
    You click on the "Wound" box for that foe in the CT and type in the damage. Nothing shows in the chat box. As far as I know, it's always worked this way.

Thread Information