STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

New Warhammer 40k Dark Heresy Ruleset Created

This was for the old version (v.2). The v.3 ruleset is in a different post. See https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...FG-3-0-Created.
    ---
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings,

I have finished a re-boot of the Warhammer 40k Dark Heresy ruleset. This one is a bit cleaner, has more automation, and supports linkable references. I have created a library to go with it but I cannot post it due to copyright issues. I am making some last minute changes to it and will be completed with the library within a few days. You can send me a private message with your email address if you wish to "discuss" this library.

Enjoy,

Danny

Note: This ruleset only works if you create a campaign for it. This ruleset (like most others) does not support the offline "Manage Characters" aspect at this time.
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 14th, 2014 at 02:24.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Version 0.2 Released

As I began running a Dark Heresy campaign today, I was able to utilize the ruleset I created. As such, I noticed a couple of minor issues that I did not want to live with:

1) The wrangling skill was cut off and not visible within the advanced skill frame
    2) Sleight of hand was misspelled (typo)
    3) Concealment skill was misspelled (typo)
    4) The Demolition skill was written as Demolitions
    5) Weapons were dragable into the weapons list but not the gear list. I fixed weapons to be dragable into the gear list, as well (for encumbrance reasons)

All of these issues were minor but they bugged me so I fixed the ruleset. If they bug you too, feel free to download the update.

I therefore updated the above link to the updated version (0.2).

Note: The three misspelled skills will cause issues if you just copy the new ruleset to an already established campaign where you are using the 0.1 version of the ruleset. When you look at the skill list, it may list duplicates for these skills (one for each of the correct spelling and one each with the misspelling). If this happens, you will either need to re-create the characters or edit the db.xml file that is within your campaign folder, deleting the misspelled skill references. Or, of course, you can stick with 0.1 and only replace it when you are not actively running a game. Each item above is minor and can be worked around.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Ultimate License Holder

Still enjoying the Ruleset I will update before the next game we have.

You refer to "dragging weapons to the character sheet" - are there module libraries made for Dark Heresy as well?

Yes, but due to copyright issues I cannot post it. You can create your own library file or you can send me a private message with your email address and I will send you mine so you can see how I created it.

Ultimate License Holder

do you need help. I am interested in doing a Deathwatch or even an Only War.

If you want to do these, go right ahead. I only have the rulebooks for Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader so I won't be making rulesets for the other games (as I don't have the actual rules themselves).

I am now spending my time re-doing Dark Heresy into the Fantasy Grounds 3.0 framework.

Ultimate License Holder

Thank you very much for sharing your hard work. This is highly appreciated. If it is alright with you, I would like to use your version as a base in order to create rulesets for Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.

I have recently set up my own website dedicated to W40K Roleplay gaming at www.w40krpg.com with corresponding forums at forums.w40krpg.com (where all the planning and discussions take place). For games that I GM, I use FG2 with an Ultimate license, and your work would be a tremendous help.

By all means. I shared this for not only to use but to modify as necessary. In fact, I will step down from the creation of Rogue Trader if you feel like doing it. To be honest, I wasn't sure when I would get to it anyway.

My only suggestion is that Fantasy Grounds will be going to 3.0 in the very near future and I believe developing with the new standard would be of greater use. I am working on the 3.0 version of Dark Heresy now and hope to get it finished within the next 2-3 weeks. Depending on your time-table, you might spend the next couple of weeks learning the nuances of 3.0 development and then using my 3.0 Dark Heresy ruleset for the other WH40k rulesets you mentioned. I have noticed quite a few differences between 2.9 and 3.0 development, but all for the better.

Ultimate License Holder

Hey mate. While waiting for you to release v3 of your ruleset, I've been spending a lot of time creating custom portraits and tokens. Let me know if you're interested to eventually bundle everything together. I still have a lot of work to do, but I have made quite a lot so far. Here are just a couple of screenshots of a sample.

Cheers.

Thread Information