Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... Last

Test Release v3.0 (beta)

As always, please make a backup of your FG data folder before updating and opening campaigns with a test release.

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. The Test and Dev mode slots (available via the FG Settings dialog) both contain this version right now. However, you should change to Test mode, if you were helping with the alpha; as I may use Dev for other testing. I will update this thread as I release new iterations of the beta.

Remember, this is a beta release, which means that all the features should be in place. However, you should expect issues (hopefully minor).

The CoreRPG ruleset will now be the basis for all SmiteWorks rulesets going forward (including 3.5E, 4E, PFRPG, CallOfCthulhu and Castles and Crusades), which means that they should be functionally similar in many ways. The goal is to create a system that allows us to more easily update core functionality across all rulesets, while allowing ruleset developers to save some time by not having to build everything from scratch.

As always, we're a small company so we rely on our community to help sound out each new release. Thanks in advance to all those who pitch in.

Thanks,
    JPG

Note 1: When switching back to Live mode, you will need to remove the 3.5E.pak and 4E.pak files from the rulesets subfolder of the FG data folder.

Note 2: For Call of Cthulhu switching back to Live mode, you will need to remove the CallOfCthulhu.pak file from the rulesets subfolder of the FG data folder, and re-install the ruleset from the download available on your order screen.

Thanks,
    JPG

Very cool! Thanks for the great effort!
    GM for Rusta utilizing FG2 Ultimate.

Blog Entries
    So if we were using the Alpha, what is our path here?

Revert to Live 2.9.4, delete the pak files and update to Test?

Or can we go from Dev 3.0 to Test 3.0 straight?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

JohnD, I launched Fantasy Grounds, did the final patch for Dev mode, closed out of the program, re-launched Fantasy Grounds, changed my settings option to Test Mode, and forced another update. Everything "appears" to be working correctly for me.

You can just update to Test mode. They should be exactly the same at this point, so no need to go back to Release mode first.

Regards,
    JPG

Reverting back to 2.9.4

Thanks
    Last edited by JMPerlin; October 15th, 2013 at 04:27.

In the 4e ruleset, I notice there are a handful of fields on Personality/NPC/Vehicle records that can be edited even when the record is supposed to be locked. These include but may not be limited to:

Hit Points
    Defenses
    Initiative
    Ability Scores

Love the new functionality added to tokens on the map and CT, especially auto scaling.

Having had a little play around it looks like Drag & Drop is broken in Win and Mac and the new folder buttons do not work / open the correct folders on Mac.

I tried the following in both PFRPG and 4E ruleset with the same results.

Mac OSX 10.8.5 WineSkin (combinations of Wrappers 2.5.11, 2.5.12 and Engines WS9Wine1.6, WS9Wine1.7.4):
    - Open Data Folder - click on it an nothing happens
    - Images & Maps Folder Button - opens a file browser pointing to the desktop not the campaigns images folder
    - Tokens GM Button - opens a file browser pointing to the desktop and not the Host / GM tokens folder
    - Tokens Shared Button - opens a file browser pointing to the desktop and not the Host / GM tokens folder
    - Drag & Drop Images - does nothing, tried jpg and png files
    - Drag & Drop Tokens - does nothing, tried png files

Windows Vista x64 Ultimate
    - Open Data Folder - worked as expected
    - Images & Maps Folder Button - worked as expected
    - Tokens GM Button - worked as expected
    - Tokens Shared Button - worked as expected
    - Drag & Drop Images - does nothing, tried jpg and png files ***worked on retest after shutdown
    - Drag & Drop Tokens - does nothing, tried png files ***worked on retest after shutdown

From what I have seen regarding drag & drop on the Mac that may be a limitation of Wine, but as it appears broken in Windows there may be hope. That may be the same for the folder buttons but as they work partially it may just be a matter of finding the right configuration.
    Last edited by GMTroll; October 17th, 2013 at 10:39. Reason: to show outcome after retesting in Win Vista

GMTroll,

On the drag and drop, where are you trying to drop the images and tokens, I just tested and both are working perfectly for me.
    As for the 'open folder' buttons they are opening the last folder I had open, and I find that a little strange, but none the less they are functioning.
    Granted I am using Windows 7 x64 and not vista.

I tried to drag and drop all over the Images and Maps panel, on and item in the list, between list items, with nothing in the list. I tried dropping tokens in the Tokens panel including on bags, in bags, on other token, on panel background.

Anyway it works correctly on Windows Vista x64 Ultimate this morning. Didn't do anything different, maybe my PC just needed to sleep like me :-)

Thread Information