FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 27 of 34 First ... 172526272829 ... Last
    Thanks that is very helpful I can study how that was implemented to learn how to make my own.

You wouldn't by any chance know who to fill the character sheet in would you. I try to get the dots to work but not sure what I am doing wrong. I can only get the text fields to function.

You should be able to add and remove dots by holding ctrl and using the mouse wheel up and down.

/H

We don't stop playing because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing!

Now running the first installment of Horizons of the Vast, a Starfinder Campaign, and Kingmaker 2nd ed.

Thank you so much, I am assuming that all of this has been discussed in this thread at one point or another so i will read it before asking more.

Edit: So I am going to be modding this ruleset to function better for my games and was curious if there was anything people might want to see as I go along. Might give me some ideas for my modifications as well. I use to code some 13 years ago so I am very rusty but not completely clueless. Since we are in lock down though I think it is the perfect time to knock the rust off and learn a pandemic skill. All I can say to any suggested mods is I will try my best to update things until an actual Dev comes along.

Things I wish to do:
    1. Get rid of extra dice so only the d10 remains (done).
    2. Change the modifier box into a dice pool box. I want to be able to click on an attribute and add the dice to the dice box, same with skills and modifiers. once they are in the dice box you can roll them from there and it then resets.
    3. Add selector buttons at the next to the D10 so you can select difficulty, which will highlight the button similar to V5 the allows you to select the modifier to the roll. once you roll with the Dice box it would reset to 6.
    4. Move the code for the crossover extension into the main rulset to make this a 20th anniversary generic ruleset, change the graphics to reflect this and then have extensions to change the graphics for the specific games.
    5. Write some of the common question (changing sheets, adding dots,...) to a file of some sort so people find them easily.
    6. Get the ruleset up and running for FGU.
    7. Add changeling to the ruleset to continue to support 20th anniversary edition games.
    Last edited by Redwulfe; March 28th, 2020 at 16:03.

Hello does anyone knows why or how to change the rolls on ruleset to show the number of dice so we can see the 1 and 10.

Are you talking about on the Vampire 5th edition ruleset to change from the symbols to numbers on the individual dice or are you looking to see the number of dice rolled in the VTM ruleset?

Not sure what you are asking?

I see the number of dice I rolled as individual dice and they all have numbers rather than symbols on the VTM ruleset.

dice rolled.jpg

we was Using Vtm(Not 5e) Ruleset, The problem we was Having is when you Rolled a Skill through the character page or Just Manually threw dice with a Modifier Difficulty, It was not showing the Dice rolled, but how many successes there was. This made it Difficult to know if a player Rolled a 1 or a 10. Rolling 1's Was Automated to -1 Success, However it is Not Automated to +1 - 10 Roll(s) if Skill is a Specialty(4 or more dots). We fixed the Chat not showing Landed Rolls by replacing the Ruleset with an Older ruleset as a fix. If this clears anything up.

Example of what was showing:

Roll 3 Dice At Difficulty 6: roll 3 dice and got a 2, 7, 8 : system would only show [2 successes] and not the actual rolls

it also made it difficult to tell whether [Successes 0] was a botch or not
    Last edited by MSgtOmniPotent; April 2nd, 2020 at 17:51.

I see. I haven't had the same error occur. When using the character sheet. When I double click on an attribute it rolls the dice in chat and the individual dice are shown and the same happens when I double-click on a Feat on page three. I have not seen an option in the options pane that would change that.

Sorry I can't seem to be much more help.

I am using the latest ruleset on the latest version of core in Classic not Unity. The only modification I have done to this ruleset is to remove the extra dice from the bottom of the screen only leaving the D10, but this wouldn't have anything to do with not seeing the Dice in the chat window.

Quote Originally Posted by MSgtOmniPotent View Post
    we was Using Vtm(Not 5e) Ruleset, The problem we was Having is when you Rolled a Skill through the character page or Just Manually threw dice with a Modifier Difficulty, It was not showing the Dice rolled, but how many successes there was. This made it Difficult to know if a player Rolled a 1 or a 10. Rolling 1's Was Automated to -1 Success, However it is Not Automated to +1 - 10 Roll(s) if Skill is a Specialty(4 or more dots). We fixed the Chat not showing Landed Rolls by replacing the Ruleset with an Older ruleset as a fix. If this clears anything up.

Example of what was showing:

Roll 3 Dice At Difficulty 6: roll 3 dice and got a 2, 7, 8 : system would only show [2 successes] and not the actual rolls

it also made it difficult to tell whether [Successes 0] was a botch or not
    We had this problem too, but then we did notice that the guy that uploaded this ruleset had updated it. So try post #1, and download the newer version.

/H

We don't stop playing because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing!

Now running the first installment of Horizons of the Vast, a Starfinder Campaign, and Kingmaker 2nd ed.

So, is this still being worked on? I'd love to see a werewolf version or even just a character sheet for the wolves on here. We tend to have a wolf or a mage in all our Vampire games for some reason.

I am currently working on it right now. The original Developer seems to have abandoned the project. We owe a lot to them, but there is still some work to be done for players that want to continue to play 20th edition versions of the game.

Just today I cleaned up some of the scripts for radio buttons got the double click to add dots working, going to work on that more to make it even better. I have removed the extraneous dice form the desk top and merged the crossover extension into the base ruleset, need to clean up some things there as well. I plan to release it as the WoD20 Ruleset.

Werewolf is kind of my main focus for the project and was the one that got me started while I wait for 5th edition of that game to come out. The extension seemed to be half finished when I started to dig into the code, so it will get some love as I go along.

Though I am not bad at coding I am not fully familiar with Lua or FG's API and am learning it as I go. I also am working through the original code and trying to see what does what and where is it located. Trying not to re-invent the wheel here. After that I will be making some tweaks to improve functionality for a release hopefully soon.

Would really like to get Character sheets for Mage Werewolf and Vampire done before doing so though.

If there is anything you like about the current system and would like to not see change or a feature request you might have for the future.

also if anyone wants to help I would mind collaborating on the project. Especially if you can get the graphics side of things while I focus on the Character sheets.

Thread Information