FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Thanks for the valueable help. The PDF was quite fruitful to read, gving me the impression C&C blends between 1st and 2nd Ed. AD&D rules. As said before it improves some aspects e.g. with the challenge levels and attribute rolls. I think I will give it a try!
    Although I must try to navigate through the FG III software first, as I haven't found docs to read about it. I know there are video tutorials, but they vary widely all showing different versions, features and there seem to be quite some changes.
    This would lead to another topic I assume, but probably this question has been raised many times and there's already a post on this subject ... somewhere ... ?

There is a userguide for 3.5e here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide35E/ 90% of this will be relevant to the C&C ruleset and Fantasy Grounds in general.

There a lot of info in there - extra sub-menus appear in the left hand sidebar when you click on the headings, so sometimes it appears there isn't much info but a bunch of sub-headings have appeared in the sidebar. It's worth spending some time going through the guide...

Welcome to the Wonderful World of online gaming with Fantasy Grounds!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Also feel free to post over to the C&C forum (though you're getting a lot of the regulars from there in this thread).

The only thing I'd add on the C&C front is that you'll also find it *very* easy to mod with your own house rules. I've approached it from the AD&D 1e side, and have found that most of the house rules that my groups have been used to using from back in the day slot right into C&C with almost no changes. I'd be curious to hear how smoothly it goes for you to modify your 2nd ed. game into C&C - let us know at some point. It might be worth posting about it into the Classic D&D group, too, so others looking to run a 2nd ed. game will have an idea of what to expect with C&C, good or bad.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

To give you my impression it's fairly easy to adept a 1st Ed. AD&D game to C&C, as they have alot in common. I like the combat system in C&C even better, because of it's ease. The rule to handle skill based checks by rolls against attribute modifiers, primary/secondary rolls, etc. is very straight forward, too. All in all I like it so much, I've started a C&C campaign.

Sounds like your reaction is the same as mine - I've come to really appreciate C&C, as it blends the right combination of first edition vibe with smoothed-out rules... just right for me.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

I personally like the older system. Our group is full steam ahead in AD&D atm having a blast.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SR_Magnar View Post
    I personally like the older system. Our group is full steam ahead in AD&D atm having a blast.
    And thats what matters!
    Good job SR_Magnar

Now with the changes involving the sale of 5E content, do you think there is any way of getting something going to licence out the old school AD&D stuff? I'm all for going the C&C.. But it's not D&D. Which is what I really want like many others I'm sure. If you build it they will come kind of thing.. Lol.

But in all seriousness. Some of my best memories were of 2E. It would be nice to see a resurrection of it on here. So much content and all the different settings. And I like C&C, I just want to play 2E. The rule set for it is a bit confusing and I wouldn't even know where to start putting in 2E stuff for to make a module. Putting things in one by one seems like the only option. There is no parser or tutorial I see that refers much to 2E in Fg.
    I tried making a char, and fooling around with 2E a bit, Adding an Arakocra to the NPC's and then putting them in the combat tracker. I couldn't put the character in.. Lol.. So I don't really know why or what is going on.

But anyway, it would be awesome if Smiteworks could get in on doing 2E stuff.
    Last edited by xKrisx; April 11th, 2015 at 23:45.

Just recently invested in the complete DL series for 1E... Now trying to decide how/what ruleset would go well with running them...
    I have the Ultimate License
    My timezone is Eastern U.S.A
    I'm looking to experience a wide range of game systems.. After playing a bit , I hope to Gm 1 game biweekly.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=1380 for D&D5E Saturday night game
    https://the-lost-mines-of-phandelver...dianportal.com and https://candar.obsidianportal.com[SIGPIC][/SIGPIChttps://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=28042&dateline=143231 4775]

Thread Information