5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 20 First 123412 ... Last
    This looks amazing! Lining up the XML in a text editor so that it looks good is one of the most time consuming this for me. It often involves making a change and then reloading the ruleset to make sure it looks the way I want. This would be a huge help! Keep up the good work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by psicodelix View Post
    Trenloe is right, the wizard can't overcome the need of lua script.
    This is exactly what I was trying to explain to one guy in the BRP section of the forum who was asking for a video tutorial "to avoid reading the documentation" (RTFM in programmer lingo). You no programmer, you no make ruleset.

BUT...

The purpose of the project is to benefit from the layering capabilities of the core ruleset in version 3 to allow anyone create a customized charsheet, even a combat tracker or another custom windows, eliminating the nasty xml GUI design.

To add automation, you'll need LUA code anyway, but the integrated code editor can help you keeping the code bound to the items, showing the default events of each control with its default parameters, and it could include some common tasks or code snippets.
    Boy, this would save a LOT of work, and allow many more people to make customizations! You are a benefactor for this community, indeed! Please finish this thingy, and consider kickstarting the tool (with Smiteworks' permission) if it turns out too heavy to finish in spare time.

As you can guess the project still requires several hundreds of development hours to be functional, but I would not let it die forgotten. Currently I'm looking for the best way to carry it out before D&D Next be outdated... ;-)Thank you all for the interest.

Looks very promising. Great work!!

Just one question: when you populate your toolbox, do you fetch real iteam (graphics) from the current ruleset? Or is there a way to edit those default?

Just to avoid working with default graphics (with their own margins, padding, offset, etc.) when none of these graphics are use in the ruleset being created.

And, down the line, you might want to look at some tools to copy/paste groups of things, and to distribute and align items within a window.
    Last edited by Blacky; September 19th, 2013 at 09:19.

The controls are designer-specific items created to clone the aspect and behaviour of the original Core Ruleset controls. They have inner properties that set its initial size, frame, etc, so these are easily modifiable. The objective of including original art is to help those who have no design skills to make its own sheets as easily as possible.

As you say, next step is to create a full set of design mechanisms: copy/paste, group, arrange, send to front/back/top/bottom, anchor edges, etc...

The objective of including original art is to help those who have no design skills to make its own sheets as easily as possible.
    And will be appreciated. I can handle XML and Lua but I have the artistic ability of a blind baboon. I can appreciate aesthetics, but not create stuff myself that looks any good. By being able to lay out windows graphically, it should mean that the rulesets are far quicker to do. Then in to the code to put in the bells and whistles.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Blog Entries
    Wow. Cudos psicodelix. This looks to be a promising tool for budding FGII developers. Unlike my prototypes this looks to be a full blown IDE for FG ruleset development. Looks very reminiscent of Microsofts Visual IDE interface and layout. Again great job on the intuitive layout.

Looking forward to seeing and using this :0
    Last edited by Zeus; October 20th, 2013 at 12:32.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thank you for your interest.

Actually I'm talking with Smiteworks and looking for ways to carry out the project. If everything goes well in a short time I could present a kickstarter to begin the project development.

Thank you for your interest.

Actually I'm talking with Smiteworks and looking for ways to carry out the project. If everything goes well in a short time I could present a kickstarter to begin the project development.
    My finger is poised over the pledge button!

Previously: MurghBpurn

Good luck psicodelix. It looks very impressive but I have to ask how clean is the resultant code?

Sigurd
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

Thread Information