STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Hello and a Question from a new CK

I have just started using this program and Ruleset after a good 20 years break from Tabletop Gaming. I was looking for something easy, familiar and intuitive and chose C&C. I have been a DM since 1984 but stopped playing AD&D after College.

We are still blowing the rust off but I feel there is great potential here for fun.

I do have a couple of questions though if someone would be so kind to answer.

1. Is there a party sheet for C&C? I can not seem to find one for the life of me.
    2. Is there a Different UI skin I can use that more clearly labels the tabs on the side for ease of use? I prefer words to pics and find the colour palette a bit underwhelming.

Thanks for your time.

Kona

Hey Kona, welcome! I'm betting you'll have a blast with both C&C and FG! You've joined in at an auspicious time, as we're on teh way to releasing a new, greatly updated version of both the C&C ruleset and FG, both of which I believe you'll be receiving for free in the coming months. The bad news is that there isn't a Party Sheet for the current C&C ruleset, nor a different theme (that I know of). The UI was a real sore spot for me, and it was the first thing I learned to change in FG - ugh...

The good news is that both issues are remedied in the new ruleset that is currently being tested. Smiteworks is tentatively planning on a November release, and you'll find your C&C world *much* improved, with a party sheet, draggable inventory items, rollable tables... just all kinds of improvements, big and small. If you can limp through until then, your existing campaign with the current ruleset should just import right into the new ruleset with a minimum of fuss.

As for the new UI, that's my department - this is an image of an older version of the development ruleset, but you can get a good idea of what it'll look like here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...5&d=1364958076

Good luck, and be sure to check in here with any questions or comments. Glad to have you aboard
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Quote Originally Posted by dr_venture View Post
    The bad news is that there isn't a Party Sheet for the current C&C ruleset, nor a different theme (that I know of).
    Themes are pretty easy to package as an extension. Let me look around for a set of icons that uses words instead of pictures and see what I can whip up today.

Hey guys thanks for the response. Dr. Venture, I am looking forward to the new release those features will be a great addition. That UI looks great.

Andraxx.. don't go through too much trouble my friend I suspect you may have better things to do. I just find that I have to explain which button is which a lot to the players, which should lessen over time since we are only 2 weeks in, with the New UI coming I can wait.

Cheers

Kona

Quote Originally Posted by Kona View Post
    Andraxx.. don't go through too much trouble my friend I suspect you may have better things to do. I just find that I have to explain which button is which a lot to the players, which should lessen over time since we are only 2 weeks in, with the New UI coming I can wait.
    Too late. Here it is. CnC Text Icons

You da man, Andraax - I'd give you more reputation, but the forums says that I can't right now... but it's the thought that counts, right?
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Thanks Andraxx. Rep incoming.

I am quite Happy to finally get FG to work. For nearly 2 years I could not get folks to connect nor could i connect to the server when i tested, but for some reason it finally worked. My players are quite pumped.. well as pumped as guys in their 40's can get..lol.

Making those kind of tweaks to the UI is trivial. The hard part was the icons - I couldn't find any for the big ones (I stole the the little icons out of the Traveller ruleset), so I had to make them in Gimp.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_venture View Post
    Hey Kona, welcome! I'm betting you'll have a blast with both C&C and FG! You've joined in at an auspicious time, as we're on teh way to releasing a new, greatly updated version of both the C&C ruleset and FG, both of which I believe you'll be receiving for free in the coming months. The bad news is that there isn't a Party Sheet for the current C&C ruleset, nor a different theme (that I know of). The UI was a real sore spot for me, and it was the first thing I learned to change in FG - ugh...

The good news is that both issues are remedied in the new ruleset that is currently being tested. Smiteworks is tentatively planning on a November release, and you'll find your C&C world *much* improved, with a party sheet, draggable inventory items, rollable tables... just all kinds of improvements, big and small. If you can limp through until then, your existing campaign with the current ruleset should just import right into the new ruleset with a minimum of fuss.

As for the new UI, that's my department - this is an image of an older version of the development ruleset, but you can get a good idea of what it'll look like here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...5&d=1364958076

Good luck, and be sure to check in here with any questions or comments. Glad to have you aboard
    The new UI looks alot more nicer. I just downloaded FG III and the 4th Ed. Ruleset of C&C, but it seems to be the old one ?
    Is there any news on when an update might come ?

Thread Information