FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last

PFS Sanctioned Module: Fangwood Keep.

Fangwood Keep

Claim the Castle!

Fangwood Keep has changed hands innumerable times since its founding decades ago on the border between the warring nations of Molthune and Nirmathas. Over the years, both countries have sacrificed money and soldiers in an effort to control the fortress along the Marideth River valley, both for its tactical location and for its secure defenses. Recently, however, the battles around Fangwood Keep have dwindled to a trickle as Nirmathas has firmly rooted itself in the surrounding valley, allowing the tide of war to shift elsewhere and peace to settle at last over Fangwood Keep.

This respite was shattered by the arrival of a renegade Molthuni commander named Pavo Vos. Obsessed with capturing Fangwood Keep and unraveling the fortress’s mysteries, the defecting lieutenant unlawfully used his platoon to secure the castle, much to the ire of both the Molthuni and Nirmathi governments. Now the task of bringing Vos to justice and reclaiming Fangwood Keep for Nirmathas lies solely in the PCs’ able hands.

"Fangwood Keep" is an adventure of infiltration, investigation, and dungeon exploration for 4th-level characters, written for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and compatible with the 3.5 edition of the world’s oldest RPG. This volume also contains a gazetteer of the Marideth River valley and a brand-new monster from the bizarre realm of the fey, both of which can easily be integrated into any campaign setting.

Written by Alex Greenshields.
    Cover Art by Alex Aparin.

To be played on alternate Fridays beginning Friday 13th September. 8.00pm BST start, playing for approx 4 hours.
    Character levels 3 to 5

Please note, if you sign up to this, your Pathfinder Society character will be 'locked' and that character will be unable to play any other scenarios until this module is completed.
    From looking at the scenario, I think it will take 2 or 3 sessions to complete. I am going to run this as a casual/fun game so I won't be pushing for time and you will be able to rp and mess about more than time normally allows in the one session scenarios. Consequently, it might run over to 4 sessions but I doubt it.

Also if anyone is going to Oddcon, the 3rd session clashes with the first day of Oddcon. I am going down on saturday but I don't know if this affects anyone else.

If you want to sign up for this, please post you character and previous chronicles below.
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

I'd like to play using Jumoke the 4th Level Monk. Not going to Oddcon myself.
    Last edited by RobG; September 1st, 2013 at 13:53. Reason: Added files

Ok great.
    I just noticed that this module is for 4 players, so there's just three slots left now. Also, with it being for 4 players I am pretty sure it will take 2 or 3 sessions of play

Quote Originally Posted by Skellan View Post
    I just noticed that this module is for 4 players, so there's just three slots left now.
    Paizo list the majority of their none PFS modules as "for four XX-level characters" - this is just based off the way Pathfinder calculates encounter difficulty.

When playing PFS sanctioned modules the usual PFS rules apply - minimum of 4 players (or 3 players plus a GM controlled pregen) and maximum of 6 players.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Cool ok, thanks Trenloe.

5 spots left then :P

I'm in, but I'm not sure what character to bring, as I'm not sure what character I'll be playing this upcoming weekend.

I'll get you the character xml and chronicle sheet by Sunday or Monday.
    Previous known as Dust Raven

FGU & Classic Standard Licenses
    Mountain Time (GMT -7)

"If everyone is having fun, you're not doing it wrong."

www.plasticdungeon.com

I'd like to join. 5th level character. Btw for 3-4 appox game session what is the xp like?
    Ultimate license holder - Location: Texas CST
    Fantasy Grounds server: puny ninja soft grave
    Community Teamspeak Server: voice.fg-con.com

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Btw for 3-4 appox game session what is the xp like?
    Most sanctioned modules (the 32 page modules) give 3 xp for completing the adventure if you attend all of the game sessions. This is the case for Fangwood Keep.

You also get 4pp (with no faction missions) and usually about 2-3 times the gold you'd expect from a similar tier single session PFS scenario.
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 1st, 2013 at 21:30.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm in, too.
    For the chronicles I'll still have to do some scanning, so I'll post those later (btw, do you want to see all, or just the last one?)
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

83 % of made-up statistics use the number "83 %".

For best results, don't fail.

Thanks nice. I have a game on the 6th can I give you my chronicle after that? but I can put my character up now. The chronicle I've attached will not be my most recent as of the date the game starts.
    Ultimate license holder - Location: Texas CST
    Fantasy Grounds server: puny ninja soft grave
    Community Teamspeak Server: voice.fg-con.com

Thread Information