STAR TREK 2d20
    Blog Entries

Rippers Module & Lodge system?

Hi!

While Horror is not currently my favorite setting, Rippers seems to have a nice Horror & Pulp mix.

Q1: Is the FG2 Rippers extension worth buying?

Also I heard quite a bit about the Lodges system, which might be interesting to modify for my XCOM campaign (to build a base/bases).

Q2: Can anybody please quickly outline how the Lodges system works in Rippers, and how extensively it is treated in there?

Thanks!

I love the Rippers system in Fantasy Grounds; in fact, I do not own a hard copy of any Rippers material, just PDFs and the FG setting & adventures. Currently, I am porting a LOT of Gaslight to 1920's era stuff to Rippers.

As far as the Lodge system goes, my take on it is that you can have it as complicated or as simple as you want to run it in your game. As for me, the Lodge system provides a tool to negate the awkward "Your characters already know each other..." scenario. And, if the players put a lot of stock in the Lodge system, I will focus more on it; if not, I'll keep it more in the background.

Hope that helps. As for Rippers in Fantasy Grounds, I like it and highly recommend it.
    Last edited by sakmerlin37; September 9th, 2013 at 17:38. Reason: fix misspelled word

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sakmerlin37 View Post
    As far as the Lodge system goes, my take on it is that you can have it as complicated or as simple as you want to run it in your game. As for me, the Lodge system provides a tool to negate the awkward "Your characters already know each other..." scenario. And, if the players put a lot of stock in the Lodge system, I will focus more on it; if not, I'll keep it more in the background.

Hope that helps. As for Rippers in Fantasy Grounds, I like it and highly recommend it.
    Well - how does the Lodge system work? Are there points, that the players can earn and then allocate to some choice?

Thread Information