DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

How do I install modules and extensions?

I understand that you just copy the .mod files into the modules directory, but what do you do with the .ext files? I'm missing something because I don't seem to be getting the extensions installed correctly. For example, the Savage Worlds calendar module shows up under module activation, but there doesn't seem to be any way to actually open or use the calendar in the software. I'm really confused. Did I somehow only partly install things? I have the FGPEMUtility.exe, but there is no documentation for it and I don't understand how to use it.

You put them in the "extensions" folder. It should be in the same place where your "modules" folder resides. If it's not there, just create one.

Once you have put the extension in the \extensions folder, start FG and go to "Load Campaign" or "New Campaign" - when you select a campaign you will see a list of extensions in the "Campaign Details" section - these are extensions specific to the ruleset you will use. Select which extensions you want to load.

For the SW Calendar extension, when you load the FG campaign you will see a new icon in the top right - it looks like a small clock, this is the calendar.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks! That fixed it! I was putting the .ext files in the wrong place. It's all working now.

Huge help! Thank you!

I have the .mod file for the Blood Hunter class. Can i put it in Fantasy Grounds or does the person who has the license have to do it?

If you have no license you cannot save so you need a license to do this. Plus you would have to make a module or get the GM to send you his campaign so you can edit it and then return it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by damianbain View Post
    I have the .mod file for the Blood Hunter class. Can i put it in Fantasy Grounds or does the person who has the license have to do it?
    If only you want to use it, then you can install it in your <FG app data>\modules directory. And, when joining a GM's game, ask them to allow you access to it in their campaign.

I'm not familiar with the module you mention, so I don't know what the license is for it - if it is covered by copyright, etc. then you shouldn't send that module file to your GM - just ask them to enable your access to it in their campaign, and only you will be able to access the data in that module.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sorry should have read more carefully. I thought you were saying you had the PDF and wanted to know if you can enter the class manually. (Still not sure if that is what you meant but it is hard to get used to FG terminology for a new user sometimes)

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Sorry should have read more carefully. I thought you were saying you had the PDF and wanted to know if you can enter the class manually. (Still not sure if that is what you meant but it is hard to get used to FG terminology for a new user sometimes)
    I have the .pdf but i also downloaded the actual module for the class from these forums. I copied it into the modules directory on fantasy grounds but i dont see it. Confused?

Thread Information