DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 27 First 1234513 ... Last
    Andraax,

Thanks for the concise updates to the code to fix the obvious issues. I will be posting an update this week to take care of the simple and obvious ones.

Also, the extension route is an excellent way to make updates to the code as it allows me to add now or later, especially for behavior / feature changes (like effect announcements).

On the effects announcement, I actually just removed the effects announcement in 3.5E and 4E rulesets in order to simplify and remove chat window clutter. All the information is already available in the combat tracker with a large graphical pointer to the active combatant. In most cases, I make simplifications like this when I feel the feature is marginal or not used often; and I wait for someone to mention its loss. The original feature actually output the effects with the turn notification message in the requestActivation function (which is now in CoreRPG, another reason it was removed). Do you feel like the mention of the effects in the turn notification is actually something that adds value past the existing view in the combat tracker for your game? Thoughts?

Thanks for your help,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard View Post
    On the effects announcement, I actually just removed the effects announcement in 3.5E and 4E rulesets in order to simplify and remove chat window clutter. All the information is already available in the combat tracker with a large graphical pointer to the active combatant. In most cases, I make simplifications like this when I feel the feature is marginal or not used often; and I wait for someone to mention its loss. The original feature actually output the effects with the turn notification message in the requestActivation function (which is now in CoreRPG, another reason it was removed). Do you feel like the mention of the effects in the turn notification is actually something that adds value past the existing view in the combat tracker for your game? Thoughts?
    Like I mentioned, I think it should be switchable on and off via the options window. There are many times when I have the combat tracker partially obscured and rely on the info in the chat window (many times I have just the left side of the CT in view with the current map on top of it).

I recently also found a problem with the "Blinded" effect (and I assume this might also exist with a few others, like "Stunned", etc). The "Blinded" defense adjust (-5 to AC) is applied as an attack modifier to the attacker - so attacking a target that is blind becomes *harder*. :-) I haven't dug into it too much, but I may just "flip" those, and add 5 to the attack roll.
    Last edited by Andraax; August 20th, 2013 at 22:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Like I mentioned, I think it should be switchable on and off via the options window. There are many times when I have the combat tracker partially obscured and rely on the info in the chat window (many times I have just the left side of the CT in view with the current map on top of it).

I recently also found a problem with the "Blinded" effect (and I assume this might also exist with a few others, like "Stunned", etc). The "Blinded" defense adjust (-5 to AC) is applied as an attack modifier to the attacker - so attacking a target that is blind becomes *harder*. :-) I haven't dug into it too much, but I may just "flip" those, and add 5 to the attack roll.
    I have that problem, hypothetically speaking, as well. Any illusion spell will cause some type of effect as a combat modifier if it succeeds (dazzled, darkness, etc.). The list for combat modifiers isn't long but it would be nice to have that aspect cleared up.

Cheers,
    SF
    Aliens.... Go fig?

OK, here is a problem that might go down into CoreRPG. I removed an effect, but it continued to be applied. It even survived a restart of FG.

Attachment 4729

OK, here is a problem that might go down into CoreRPG. I removed an effect, but it continued to be applied. It even survived a restart of FG.Attachment 4729
    The problem persists after restart because all the "current" effects are placed in the DB.
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Strange, let me see if I can recreate, or if I need help getting it set up.

Cheers,
    JPG

OK, here is a problem that might go down into CoreRPG. I removed an effect, but it continued to be applied. It even survived a restart of FG.

Attachment 4729
    Can you click the effect icon (outline of a person) to hide the actual new effect line and see what the system thinks is still in operation. Also, are there any effects on the bugbear?
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 20th, 2013 at 23:58.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by S Ferguson View Post
    The problem persists after restart because all the "current" effects are placed in the DB.
    Except that the effect had been removed before I shutdown the software.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Can you click the effect icon (outline of a person) to hide the actual new effect line and see what the system thinks is still in operation. Also, are there any effects on the bugbear?
    Here you go. No effects on the bugbear. Notice that the Blinded is counted against the attacker either way.

Attachment 4730

Except that the effect had been removed before I shutdown the software.
    Have you checked the DB in order to verify that the effect in question has been actually removed?

Cheers,
    SF
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Thread Information