DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Cheers, tried the extensions - great stuff. All that should be included in the game. Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Gallows View Post
    Cheers, tried the extensions - great stuff. All that should be included in the game. Great work!
    Have chased up why the official patch never got released. Suspect it got lost post gen con, which is a shame.

For both the last and the next release, I have been actively merging in Ikael's extension work into the game - so it is indeed being included ! Any issue you find with the code, do report back to him so we can catch and fix them earlier on. One of the slowest parts about ruleset updates is having enough test time to find all the bugs - and then even things like this Allies list bug can slip through. So being able to integrate pre-tested code, such as Ikael's, makes this step a little faster.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomwhale View Post
    Have chased up why the official patch never got released. Suspect it got lost post gen con, which is a shame.

For both the last and the next release, I have been actively merging in Ikael's extension work into the game - so it is indeed being included ! Any issue you find with the code, do report back to him so we can catch and fix them earlier on. One of the slowest parts about ruleset updates is having enough test time to find all the bugs - and then even things like this Allies list bug can slip through. So being able to integrate pre-tested code, such as Ikael's, makes this step a little faster.
    But when the new version is released, all the rulesets need to be updated to be compatible right?

When the SavageWorlds ruleset is updated, all SavageWorlds extensions may need to be updated.

I try with each release to create more easy extension points in the ruleset, such that extensions can use these and be fairly sure they will remain compatible between releases. But at the end of the day, the extension model is quite powerful and lets extensions override any part of the ruleset, so you can never be 100% sure that extensions will continue to work afterwards.

I work very closely with Ikael and Doswelk, who produce most of the SavageWorlds extensions (commerical and fan-made) to ensure such breakages are few and minor. I am also very happy to work with other extension authors, if they make themselves known.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Thread Information