DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Ally support in Deadlands

Hey all-

I've been trying to sort out Ally support in SW/Deadlands - all the literature/forum posts seem somewhat contradictory.
    Can I drag and drop an NPC onto a PC sheet to create an ally? As far as I can tell the PC sheet only allows a text field for entry. Any other nifty Ally support I'm missing?

Hi,

Wracking my brains here, but I thought the Ally panel was added into the latest update for Deadlands (only released a week or two ago), so that finally PCs in Deadlands can also have friends.

Assuming that panel IS there, then the GM should be able to drag and drop NPCs onto it - I think players can too with any shared NPCs they can see ?

If not, then let me know here, it might be a bug. Certainly the panel should work like the one in regular Savage Worlds (e.g. WITHOUT the Deadlands extension).

Oh, I presume we are talking Deadlands: Reloaded too ? (although Deadlands: Noir should work the same as basic Savage Worlds too)

Ben (-PW-)
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Yes, in the base SW ruleset I can drag from Personalities to the Ally panel. Doesn't look like it works (from Humans to Allies panel) in Deadlands: Reloaded.

Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.4.1 (Build 2)
    Deadlands: Reloaded version 1.3.0 (Build 5)

Also, tangential to that: is there a way to get an Ally to show up as a group member on a PC in the combat tracker? Tried every combination of dragging and dropping I could think of and couldn't get it to take.

Have you tried dragging the ally onto the "add to group" icon ? (the one just to the right of the PC name) ?

Re: Deadlands, I'll take a look tonight. I'd wager good money that you can drag and drop "Critters" into there right now, just not "Humans", which is obviously a bug.

Ben
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Have sent a patch over to Smiteworks for this issue, hopefully you should see an update appear in the next day or so.

We're at Gencon this weekend, so we might be a little slow until after the show.

JPG

So...was this fixed? Still does not allow me to add allies in the same way that you can in non-Deadlands SW extension. I've been using the "Update" feature from the launch screen, not sure if there is a different way I have to do it. Thanks!

Make sure you bring up the "update settings..." menu from the main app window, and check your login details are there and that all the packages to update are highlighted.

That said, I didn't confirm with Smiteworks that they had pushed the patch, so I'll also leave moon_wizard to confirm (or deny!) that point.

Still doesn't work. I've dragged the allies onto the sheet in different ways with no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallows View Post
    Still doesn't work. I've dragged the allies onto the sheet in different ways with no luck.
    I can verify that fix is not in the official package yet. The allylist still accepts only npc, not humans nor critters.

If you need quickfix for this issue, you can always download and use latest SW Enhanced Character Sheets extension with Deadlands: Reloaded adapter. It contains fix for the issue (and plenty new additional features as well!). See more about these extension here. Direct download links are: SW Enhanced Character Sheets, ECS Deadlands: Reloaded adapter. They are free to use. Download them, put them into your extensions folder within Fantasy Grounds II Application Data and in FGII launcher they can be enabled from extensions list.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thread Information