DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Inventory sheet for season 5

https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2q15q?S...nd-Online-Play

lets hope that pdf version which can be edited turns up real soon, more book keeping for players and GM's so just what i wanted from the PFS!

To be honest, with what we have been advocating on how we run PFS on FG (i.e. GMs fully completing chronicle sheets, including purchases) this is not really a big increase in what we are doing now.

The main "hassle" is that this is an additional sheet to the chronicle sheet - and the "problem" of having to add to an ongoing inventory list that may be in a number of weird formats depending on how the player is tracking (paper, PDF, etc.).

What this does highlight, for people who may have missed it, is that certain purchases are no recorded on the chronicle sheet, they are on the inventory sheet - which has to be used from August 15th!

https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/faq#v5748eaic9qyq

It looks like this whole process is still under discussion and details may change before August 15th...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm looking forward to a system of double entry book keeping for season six. It looks like this something players will have to fill out and GM's sign off or have I misunderstood the process?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    It looks like this something players will have to fill out and GM's sign off or have I misunderstood the process?
    That's the way it is currently worded in the Season 5 guide. Essentially what should be done now (Season 4) with purchases on the chronicle sheet - which we have been advocating doing for FG PFS games, but instead of recording the larger purchases on the chronicle sheet they are recorded on the inventory sheet with each item signed off by the GM.

This should be an ongoing record of purchases above 25 GP with new purchases added to the same sheet. This is the main difficulty I see for us with online play. If a player also plays face-to-face and has a hand filled out inventory sheet how do we process this here? We'll have to get the player to scan/photo their inventory sheet and send it to us - then mess around with converting it, adding in data, signing it, etc..

I'll have a chat with the online VC to see how he sees this happening and what processes we can put in place to make this as painless as possible for all involved.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

<groan> Not pleased about this additional burden... This is the sort of "innovation" that makes PFS GMs question if they want to keep doing it.

Before enforcing this, they should add the inventory sheet as web pages to the online reporting tool, and reviewable by anyone for audits. Since each session has to be reported on paizo's site, a character's official inventory would not be tied to a form which must flow between physical and virtual tables, but to the online record.

Quote Originally Posted by lachancery View Post
    Before enforcing this, they should add the inventory sheet as web pages to the online reporting tool, and reviewable by anyone for audits.
    This would be nice, but quite frankly a HUGE overhead for people who play face-to-face games in strictly time constrained environments - conventions, game stores, etc. Remember, this is the vast majority of PFS gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by lachancery View Post
    Since each session has to be reported on paizo's site, a character's official inventory would not be tied to a form which must flow between physical and virtual tables, but to the online record.
    Reporting on Paizo.com is not mandatory. Having a clear, fully completed record for each of your characters is the only mandatory requirement. Introduction of the inventory form is supposed to make it easier for GMs to do a fast audit of a PC's purchases.

We will have to wait and see what the solution is to the recording of this information for online games. In theory it is the player's responsibility to keep this in check - but as we all know, there are a lot of players who don't keep their chronicle sheets in order so it is more than likely that doing this correctly will still fall on the GM's (or campaign coordinators) shoulders...

Let's see what transpires...

What was the thinking behind this change assuming all the VL's & VL's got to discuss it first? The old system sort of worked although the standard of chronicle sheets I saw from non-FG sources has been dire

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    What was the thinking behind this change assuming all the VL's & VL's got to discuss it first? The old system sort of worked although the standard of chronicle sheets I saw from non-FG sources has been dire
    It was purely and simply to put all major purchases together on a single sheet (or, multiple sheets of the same format once a sheet is full) to allow a GM to quickly do an audit of character purchases without having to go through a big set of chronicle sheets - which, as you say, the standard can be quite dire. Which seems to suggest that the "old" system was not working properly for a lot of people.

Chronicle sheets will still be reviewed as part of an audit, but now the main areas to check are XP, PP and Fame on the chronicle sheets with purchases on the inventory sheet/s.

It is really not changing what "should" have been done before season 5 - just taking out onto a separate sheet one of the main causes of concern highlighted in audits to date.

Question on season 5.

After looking over the new inventory sheet, I am a little confused about how this will play-out online. I am seeing a lot of people unhappy with the idea of another up keep item for the GM's, so I am wondering if this is something that is going to stick around. That being said, do we copy items bought onto the chronicle sheet from the inventory sheet? Or is the inventory sheet taking the place of the listed bought and sold items on the chronicle sheet? Is the sheet a running track of all items ever bought. (I.E. the same sheet gets handed over to the GM each time the character is played), or is it a new sheet, like a chronicle, that gets filled out each time the character is used? If it is a tracking sheet that is reused, to keep a history, how do we pass that back and forth online? Last question, is there a PDF of this sheet that can be altered yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfiend View Post
    Question on season 5.

After looking over the new inventory sheet, I am a little confused about how this will play-out online. I am seeing a lot of people unhappy with the idea of another up keep item for the GM's, so I am wondering if this is something that is going to stick around. That being said, do we copy items bought onto the chronicle sheet from the inventory sheet? Or is the inventory sheet taking the place of the listed bought and sold items on the chronicle sheet? Is the sheet a running track of all items ever bought. (I.E. the same sheet gets handed over to the GM each time the character is played), or is it a new sheet, like a chronicle, that gets filled out each time the character is used? If it is a tracking sheet that is reused, to keep a history, how do we pass that back and forth online? Last question, is there a PDF of this sheet that can be altered yet?
    All good questions. A lot of these as they relate directly to online play are still to be resolved.

Some of this is covered in the inventory sheet thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...t-for-season-5

To quickly answer some of your more generic questions - the sheet is a running list of all items over 25 GP that have been purchased by the PC. Some minor purchases can be covered in the chronicle sheet - if you have a look at the picture of the new chronicle sheet in the PFS season 5 guide there is no specific "Sell" and "Buy" section - just a generic notes section at the bottom. So - fill in purchases less than 25 GP in the notes section or in the inventory sheet it's up to you. But, *any* single item purchases above 25 GP *have* to be entered in the running inventory sheet.

Standby for further updates. I will be meeting with the PFS online VC at GenCon and this will be one of the items on the agenda.

Please post any follow up questions in the inventory sheet thread referenced above - thanks.

Thread Information