FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Question about creating a module

Is it possible for me to create a custom bestiary module and if so what kind of difficulty level is a project like this? Just to give you an idea of my computer savy, I know that when I click on the little thingy on my desktop that looks like the world it connects me to the internet.

Thanks, Mac
    From the ashes, a fire shall be woken. A light from the shadow shall spring. Renewed shall be the blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king

For which ruleset?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Pathfinder. 3rd party stuff and some homemade baddies.
    Last edited by Macgreine; August 8th, 2013 at 03:55.
    From the ashes, a fire shall be woken. A light from the shadow shall spring. Renewed shall be the blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king

Well, in that case it should be really easy!
    1. Create your creatures/baddies/NPCs as Paizo statblocks.
    2. Use the creature parser.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Alpha-release
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yes I know how to do that and use it a lot already. Can I compile all of it into one volume that I could include in all my games with out having a giant list in my library? Like the way the Paizo ones are set up.

Yep, just put all of the statblocks into one big text file and parse that.

Is there any particular format? Like spaces between the stat blocks or something. Thanks for taking the time to help out Trenloe. FG is at least a million times better because of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Macgreine View Post
    Is there any particular format? Like spaces between the stat blocks or something.
    Just a single blank line between each statblock.

Quote Originally Posted by Macgreine View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to help out Trenloe. FG is at least a million times better because of you.
    No problem, glad I could help. Nice of you to say so...

I second that thought. Trenloe has been a great help both on the forums and via his community coding/data contributions.

That just reminded me to add him as a Sage on the forums, which adds the Immortal tag to his rank. Now to figure out how to add a space.

JPG

Would adding &20 to the Immortal tag work?

My 2 cents: I haven't been in the FG community long, but well over 50% of the help and resources I've received has come from Trenloe. We should have a Trenloe Is Awesome Day.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Thread Information