DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Rank Bonus Calculation

Howdy, I play in a game where we have a different rank bonus calculation for skills.
    Its close to the same, but different.

We use 5pts for levels 0 to 5,
    4 pts for lvls 6 to 10,
    3 pts for lvls 11 to 15,
    2 pts for lvls 16 to 20
    and 1 pt for each rank thereafter.

Is it possible I can edit/create an extension that would do this?

I already am using the linear bonus for stats where (Stat -50) / 2 is the modifier bonus.
    Also is there a way to remove or modify the race bonuses easily?
    Is there a way to make the racial bonus add to the Stat, which is then affected for the modifier calculation?

Just asking whats possible.

Yes, it would actually be fairly easy to change the rank bonuses. I separated out a lot of the rule specific items into their own files so that things like this would be easier to accomplish. You should just need to modify the rules/scripts/rules_skills.lua file and change the RankBonus function to use your new progression. Add your modified version to an extension and you should be ready to go. It shouldn't interfere with the linear bonus extension since they would be modifying different files.

I am not sure what the question is with the racial bonuses but hopefully this helps. The racial bonuses should already apply to the stats now. If you want to change them then I would create a new library with the races you want to use. I put together a sample module to show you the layout needed. Put it in your modules directory and rename it from .ZIP to .MOD. When you load it in your campaign you will see a new race Sample Race that you can select from the race dropdown. It will fill in the appropriate values. Just unzip the file and look in either the client or common XML files to see how it is laid out.

Thanks. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    You should just need to modify the rules/scripts/rules_skills.lua file and change the RankBonus function to use your new progression.
    Could you give me some more details where I would find this lua file. I installed my FGII at E:\Games\FGII so the only thing I can find regarding RMC is E:\Games\FGII\Data\AddOns\Rolemaster Classic. Where would I find the rules/scripts directory?

It will be in the FG Application Data folder. You can get to it from your Start button, All Programs, Fantasy Grounds II, Application Data Folder. That will open a window where you should see a rulesets folder. Open that folder and look for the RolemasterClassic folder. Then you should see the rules/scripts folders in there. Please let me know if you have any trouble finding it.

Sorry still can't find it. I have Windows 8.
    I also looked in: C:\Users\Phil\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II
    Didn't see anything there.

If anyone can give help, please let me know.
    Don't have a Start Button > All Programs in Windows 8.

I just installed it on Windows 8 so I could test it. If you are on the desktop click the lower left corner to bring up the Start screen. At the Start screen, type in Application Data Folder. It should bring up the application data folder as an option when you are typing it in. Select it and you should be able to get to the rulesets folder.

No Lua Files

Sorry but my entire Roaming directory only has two .lua files under it, CampaignRegistry.lua and GlobalRegistry.lua.
    I don't believe I'm missing something that is there.

That's strange. If you select settings right after start FG, does the data directory show that location? If not try going to the directory shown as the data directory in settings.

Thread Information