5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... Last

Test Release v3.0 (alpha)

As always, please make a backup of your FG data folder before updating and opening campaigns with a test release.

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. Only the Dev mode slot contains this version at this point. I will update this thread as I release new iterations of the test version.

This is a big release with a lot of changes above and below the covers. For this initial week of alpha release, I will only be making this version available in the Dev slot of the updater. I will announce when I move to the Test slot, and you should change over when I do. We typically use the Dev slot for internal testing, but we're currently using the Test slot to handle some hiccups to the big SW update.

Remember, this is an alpha release, which means that it is almost feature complete. However, you should expect minor to major hiccups, and I wouldn't use it for your live game yet until it's had a couple iterations. It has not been tested extensively with any rulesets, though it has been tested with the CoreRPG, 4E, PFRPG, 3.5E and CallOfCthulhu rulesets. You will need to have purchased the CallOfCthulhu ruleset from the store, and enter your login info in the FG Settings to access the CallOfCthulhu ruleset.

The CoreRPG ruleset is now the basis for all the rulesets mentioned above, which means that they are functionally similar in many ways. The goal is to create a system that allows us to more easily update core ruleset functionality across all rulesets, while allowing ruleset developers to save some time by not having to build everything from scratch.

As always, we're a small company so we rely on our community to help sound out each new release. Thanks in advance to all those who pitch in.

Thanks,
    JPG

Note 1: When switching back to Live mode, you will need to remove the 3.5E.pak and 4E.pak files from the rulesets subfolder of the FG data folder.

Note 2: For Call of Cthulhu switching back to Live mode, you will need to remove the CallOfCthulhu.pak file from the rulesets subfolder of the FG data folder, and re-install the ruleset from the download available on your order screen.
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; July 24th, 2013 at 23:43.

Here is a high-level patch note summary:

• New CoreRPG ruleset included as a basis for generic RPG play, or as a base layer for other rulesets.
    • Modules are now treated like books; GM has full control over access and sharing of all modules
    • Campaign records can be shared (i.e. made public) without having players connected.
    • Failed file transfers (images, tokens, modules, portraits) due to network errors will attempt resend.
    • Buttons added for quick access to data folders for custom campaign files. (images, tokens, etc.)
    • Overhaul of targeting system. Now token-to-token targeting, instead of player-to-token targeting.
    • Drag and drop image files onto token bag or campaign images list.
    • Undo support for formatted text data fields.
    • [4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Drag and drop item distribution between characters and party sheet
    • [4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Sell remaining items at percentage button added to party sheet
    • [4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Double-click on token to open PC/NPC data record for tokens linked to combat tracker
    • [4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Double-click on PC/NPC data record token field to open map where combat tracker token is located
    • [4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Token facing option added
    • [4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Token bag is larger and searchable
    • [4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Public checkbox in campaign notes
    • ...Lots of developer additions and changes...
    • ...Many other minor changes for client, as well as 4E, PFRPG and 3.5E rulesets...
    • ...And many bug fixes...
    • (See detailed notes in application directory or web site for more info.)

Here is a link to a complete list of patch notes.

JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; July 24th, 2013 at 07:50.

Here are a few of the things that I'm looking for specific feedback on.

• New token selection and targeting system (At this point, I only plan to provide some minor graphical updates to what you see; unless feedback dictates other changes.)
    • List management buttons (What do you think? Any missing that you want to see?)
    • [3.5E/PFRPG/4E] Remove offense/defense sections in combat tracker to de-clutter now that each combat tracker entry is its own record that can be opened via the link to get quick view of offense/defense stats as well as make attack rolls?
    • [DEV] CoreRPG roll system generalized from 3.5E/4E roll systems in v2.9.4 (I'm still considering changes to the way this subsystem is built to make it plug and play as it is now, but easier to use. I'd be very interested in getting programmer thoughts on this system. Some considerations include drag vs. double-click support, and number of rolls vs. number of targets. Every game system seems to add a slight twist. Also, what about linked rolls?)

I have some other thoughts as well, but I'll probably save for future versions instead of slowing down this one.

Thanks,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; July 24th, 2013 at 07:59.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: FantasyGrounds.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 51edbef3
    Fault Module Name: FantasyGrounds.exe
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 51edbef3
    Exception Code: 40000015
    Exception Offset: 0013555a
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 39ba
    Additional Information 2: 39ba2351101faf70d1ad1190d1a6b8c1
    Additional Information 3: dda9
    Additional Information 4: dda9bb9d5d68b857ad22885259b314f4

I get this crash anytime I try to launch a game after updating.

I'm having an issue with the installer changing my directory names with gibberish:
    Runtime Error: Unable to create directory: C:/Users/ERIC/AppData/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds II`c*Ð`c*ÐijÃØóÀ^s‹ø§rÃÀsÃÀsij´¯Çjë

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard View Post
    Here are a few of the things that I'm looking for specific feedback on.
    • New token selection and targeting system (At this point, I only plan to provide some minor graphical updates to what you see; unless feedback dictates other changes.)

Can you no longer select the character's portrait as a token? If this is the case, I don't know that this is an improvement.

• List management buttons (What do you think? Any missing that you want to see?)

Honestly, they make things easy to 'see' without a lot of right clicks.. but they clutter up the windows and are somewhat distracting. Maybe a better(more integrated) graphic would improve this issue.

• [3.5E/PFRPG/4E] Remove offense/defense sections in combat tracker to de-clutter now that each combat tracker entry is its own record that can be opened via the link to get quick view of offense/defense stats as well as make attack rolls?

I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about here... I couldn't find a 'quick view'... unless... you mean opening the monster's sheets...

LOVE the new 'delete effect' button in the tracker!
    I like the 'Locks' on the 'Abilities' boxes... this seems like a great idea.

Generally, I'm not a huge fan of the larger fonts, they tend to make things seem cluttered, particularly on the skills page.

Got an error: Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/counter_spell.lua"]:64: attempt to compare number with nil
    I copied a monster into the tracker then tried to tick off a spell as having been 'used'... this is in the PF ruleset loading a previously created campaign module with a monster in it.
    Last edited by Blackfoot; July 24th, 2013 at 18:20.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Could I get some more info?

* OS?
    * native or in Virtual machine? If VM, which one?
    * crash on initial launch, or after trying to launch campaign? If campaign, which ruleset?
    * FG Settings other than license key?
    * anything else you think might help recreate?

Thanks,
    JPG

windows 7 pro
    no crashing yet just seems to now want to properly store my paths
    no other settings other than dev
    running as administrator.

Blog Entries
    I hit this error when trying to open the 'parcels' as a client in the PF ruleset:
    Runtime Error: Unable to create window with data source (parcellist : treasureparcels)
    The campaign is bare bones and there have been no parcels created.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

For my crash it happens everytime I try to launch a game regardless of ruleset.
    I am running Windows 7 native with all current updates.
    UI Scale is set to 100%
    Cross-Platform compatibility mode is off
    I have tried with debug mode off and on
    Obviously I am set to Dev mode
    I do have dual monitors (it crashes regardless of what monitor I launch on)
    I have closed out all non-Windows process trees with the exception of avast! anti-virus (I can't turn that one off)
    Fantasy Grounds is running in Admin mode.

That is about everything I can think of that might be of use.

Thread Information