DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: 3.4 Issues

Hi everybody,

after upgrading to 3.4, I experience problems with the adventure deck extension. Upon picking a card from the deck and trying to deal it to a player, nothing happens (meaning the card is not added to the character under "adventure cards").
    I can "deal" the card to the chat box.

Any idea what the reason might be?

Thanks for any help in this matter

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    I can't find a way to deal adventure deck cards to players. I tried dropping cards in the character selection window or straight in the adv. card tab of the pc's sheets but nothing happens

I have an ultimate license and am using the adventure deck. I have updated the SW ruleset but still have 2.9.4 for FG2 (Cant get it to update). I am using all of Ikael's extensions but the same bug occured before I had them.

Can anyone offer any help? I am running that game tonight and would like to get the adventure deck working. This will be my first attempt with 3.4 since its released.
    I know of no particular issues, but don't use the adventure cards or Ikael's extension since only SW campaign is deadlands reloaded right now.
    That said these question are not meant to be insulting this is just how you problem solve these kind of issues.

Are both the module and the extension in the correct place?
    Is both the extension and the module for adv cards activated?
    Did you set force load for players in module selection?
    Have you double checked the options while in Savage Worlds?
    If you have modified the deck have you made sure everything is setup correctly?
    Have you tried dropping them onto the character portraits on upper left?
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Blog Entries
    Can you tell us what ruleset you are using and the output from when you type /version?

Code:
    Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.4.1 (Build 2)
    Adventure Deck version 1.2.0 (Build 3)
    Does the Adv.Card tab show up on the character sheet?

What happens if you drag a card directly to that tab?

Hey gang, I was hoping for some help as well. I just updated to the new version of Savage Worlds 3.4.1 build 2. I'm running Deadlands reloaded and am having the following issues:
    (Deadlands: Reloaded version 1.2 build 6 and Adventure Deck Verision 1.2.0 build 3. I've had a game setup and running for quite a while now before the update. I did the update and now I can't remove PC's or NPC's from the combat tracker. There is no option to clear or remove entries. I also can't deal adventure deck cards, there is no longer an option to do so. I read elsewhere in this thread that there is a newer version of Deadlands:reloaded, if so, it does not update. I have checked my keys and made sure it appears in my list for the updater...but no update. Any help please? I've got a game in two hours that looks like will not go off if I can't fix these things.
    Update: It also looks like I can't even access the character sheets! They appear in the character selection window, but you can't open the sheets! Also, I am NOT running any further extensions other than the ones noted.
    Well crap...the problems keep rolling in. Also no books in the library.
    Last edited by bislab; August 10th, 2013 at 22:27.

Ok, seems to be working now after I deleted both Deadlands .ext that I found in the extensions directory and re-updated.

Quote Originally Posted by bislab View Post
    Ok, seems to be working now after I deleted both Deadlands .ext that I found in the extensions directory and re-updated.
    Alas, I'm not involved in the packaging / updating, so can't offer much insight on why these problems have arisen. But certainly, any old copies of extensions are going to cause problems, and will need to be removed.

If a certainly extension or ruleset seems totally broken, this is almost certainly going to be the case. Hence why I'll always for the output of the "/version" command when any such bugs are reported
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Thanks for the hint with the version(s) - I had installed the adventure deck version 1.0 (build 9). After upgrading to version 1.2 (build 3), everything seems to work fine.

I will immediately check the versions of all other add-ons I use, as I had some strange issues with the fantasy theme - might be the same reason.

Thanks to everybody above for spending time and thoughts on the matter - problem solved :-)

Best regards
    Carsten

I'm not sure if it's a 3.4 exclusive issue but... I've just bought the 50 Fathoms Player Guide and when I use the 50 Fathoms Theme the character sheet won't show up when I dclick it. It works fine on the other themes, but not on the 50 fathoms one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    I'm not sure if it's a 3.4 exclusive issue but... I've just bought the 50 Fathoms Player Guide and when I use the 50 Fathoms Theme the character sheet won't show up when I dclick it. It works fine on the other themes, but not on the 50 fathoms one.
    To be sure, what are you double-clicking ? (and not seeing the character sheet from...)

Also, might be worth saying what the output of your /version command is, in case you have an old version of something (for some reason).
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Typing /version it displays "Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.4.1 (Build 2)"
    And I didn't really mean double clicking, I meant single clicking (because that's how you really open it). And it's at the Character Selection screen, as a GM. I click a character and the sheet simply doesn't show up, at all.

I didn't care much because it was no big deal but right now I tried connecting as a player to my own game and the player can select or create a character and double clicking the portrait on the upper part of the screen does work for both, GM and player. However if the GM tries to click a player on the Character Selection screen the sheet doesn't appear. Once again, this only happens while using the 50 Fathoms Theme Extension.

Thread Information