STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 53 First 1234513 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bennis1980 View Post
    Hi and welcome,

You need to put them into your extensions folder in the appdata folder for Fantasy Grounds 2. They don't need to be installed, just activate them before you load your campaign.

If they are in your extensions folder and you still don't see them before you load, make sure you have updated to the correct version of FG

Good luck
    Brand-spanking new-version, therefore should be alright. And thank you!

Which of those extensions are currently considered a "must-have-installed"?

Ikael, is there any chance of changing the graphic for sharing the CT: it currently says MINI which is counter intuitive, a button saying SHARE would make more sense
    Yes, this button/icon can be changed, but currently its just an image so changing the label is not easy task. New button icon should be created for it and I am not graphical guy to do that. At some point phantomwhale also stated that it should be changed, but I quess this has neverbeen that high prioritytask
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by AstaSyneri View Post
    Brand-spanking new-version, therefore should be alright. And thank you!

Which of those extensions are currently considered a "must-have-installed"?
    It reallydepends what youneed for your gaming. Personally Iam onlyskipping the Enchanced Images ext since I dont need its fearures. Calendar ext provides you totally new functionality/feature while other extension enhance existing parts of the ruleset. Personally I would be interesred to hear what features/enhancements are considered useful for people, and what more there could be.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Ikael, is there any chance of changing the graphic for sharing the CT: it currently says MINI which is counter intuitive, a button saying SHARE would make more sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    Yes, this button/icon can be changed, but currently its just an image so changing the label is not easy task. New button icon should be created for it and I am not graphical guy to do that. At some point phantomwhale also stated that it should be changed, but I quess this has neverbeen that high prioritytask
    The same graphic is currently used to show the mini-sheet on the character sheet, so not only do you need a new graphic but the code needs updating to have a mini-button (for character sheet) and a different one for the combat tracker.
    Attached are two graphics so you can add the code to your expansion
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    The same graphic is currently used to show the mini-sheet on the character sheet, so not only do you need a new graphic but the code needs updating to have a mini-button (for character sheet) and a different one for the combat tracker.
    Attached are two graphics so you can add the code to your expansion
    Thanks for the great icons! I am also aware of the shared resource in charsheet and will make it differ in CT. Thanks again!

I am updating the Enhanced Combat Tracker extension at the moment, and dealing with Effects-updates. There I encountered the ever-disturbing issue: When effect has duration, when should the duration decrease? According to the SW Deluxe edition, power duration has following description: "...A power with a Duration of 1 lasts until the heros' next action. A Duration of 2 means it lasts for two actions, and so on." -- Basically this means that the Effect's duration should decrease when it's combatant's own turn, right? Current implementation of effect in ruleset is that duration decresing is on the caster's turn, meaning that when it's caster's turn, s/he can cast power on somebody and when it's the caster's next turn the power is decreased. But seems like that's not how the core rules describe it, or have I misunderstood something? -- In addition, I have asked this once before, but going for another round, why is there "Adjustment" for effects? This adjustment determines how much the duration will be changed on the caster's turn. It can either increase or decrease x number, is there need for this? In SW Deluxe core rules it seems that all effects are _always_ decreased by 1 until it's "permanant/semi permanent" effect (prone effect will go away when person stands up etc). Insights please, I don't want to do unnecessary work

EDIT: Just got another problematic factor: Powers cast on others, and maintaining. How should this work here? -- Should the duration decrease when it's the caster's turn and s/he can decide if maintenance is wanted or not
    Last edited by Ikael; August 26th, 2013 at 22:18.

Here are few screenshots of proof-of-concept enhanced CT effects. Duration adjustment is removed, remove effect button is added, new maintain power feature added, notification about expiring maintainable powers feature added, until removed effect type feature added (for instance, prone... removed only when getting up)

EDIT: Uploaded new version of Enhanced Combat Trackers. Implemented features are:

• Combat tracker :: Effect improvements: Several improvements to combat tracker effects. Unecessary duration adjustment was removed, delete effect button added, effects can be marked as maintable and their duration can easily be upgraded. Effect's duration is decreased after combatant's turn, however one exception is that if effect is added to combatant when s/he is currently having the turn, the duration is not decrased. Effectlist was also updated to reflect these updates.
    • Minitracker :: Show effects on minitrackers: New combat preference was added "Minitrackers: Show effects". When this is enabled, combatant's effects are displayed on minitrackers.
    Last edited by Ikael; August 27th, 2013 at 21:25.

Enhanced Combat Tracker extension has been updated and compatibilty has been checked. Results: Everything seems to be fine, only one adapter extension had to be implemeneted for Deadlands: Reloaded. See more information from Enhanced Combat Tracker post. The version is still 0.9 which means that I will be playtesting it until I can graduate it to be fully-tested one. Meanwhile I would love to hear feedback from people who might be using it.

Blog Entries
    Not specific to this one - but I copied four extensions into the extension folder and they are shown on startup (the calendar button is also visible in the GUI), but if I click on it it tells me to install the module. There is nothing in the library to add/activate, though. The only thing I see is token sets by Raymond Gaustadnes and a few other items.

What kind of Newb-mistake did I commit? ;-) I saw it in action with Doswelk, so I know it should work.

The extensions in question are:
    • SW Calendar
    • SW Enhanced Character Sheets
    • SW Enhanced Desktop
    • SW Enhanced Library

Quote Originally Posted by AstaSyneri View Post
    Not specific to this one - but I copied four extensions into the extension folder and they are shown on startup (the calendar button is also visible in the GUI), but if I click on it it tells me to install the module. There is nothing in the library to add/activate, though.
    In the calendars thread there is a module zip file in the first post (where the .ext extension file is): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post152727

Unzip this file (it contains a .mod file) to your <FG app data folder>\modules directory. Start your FG campaign and you should see a calendar option in the module activation window.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information