DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    It should be noted, that NPCs for all systems I have experienced on FG all have at least a 2nd tab where you can put notes on the NPC.

Personally, as a GM I haven't seen the need to sketch out full characters for most NPCs in any system and I usually have more beneficial stuff that could be done, plotting against PCs, prepping maps/tokens/encounters/npcs (limited)/etc. If you like making detailed NPCs with backstories and such, you could probably put them together in a PDF and sell them thru RPGNOW.com, prebuilt stuff, if not expensive, if usually a boon.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Cool. And I am using Pathfinder, for the record. I'm trying to translate a campaign that I've created on paper into FGII, and as I mentioned before it has always been my habit to generate my major NPCs with PC character sheets for fuller detail. That's why I'm reluctant to do the NCP-statblock conversion and lose some of the depth, although I can always keep the paper sheets for in-game reference.

Quote Originally Posted by King Joey View Post
    Cool. And I am using Pathfinder, for the record. I'm trying to translate a campaign that I've created on paper into FGII, and as I mentioned before it has always been my habit to generate my major NPCs with PC character sheets for fuller detail. That's why I'm reluctant to do the NCP-statblock conversion and lose some of the depth, although I can always keep the paper sheets for in-game reference.
    I think you're underestimating how much information the NPC statblock can hold - and any extra info you need can be put on the "Other" tab.

For example, take the Pathfinder Iconic Wizard Ezren: https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/...nic/ezren.html

I copy/pasted the stats from the web page for the 12th level NPC and ran this through the creature parser - see the attached module. (unzip this to your modules directory and then open in "Module Activation" and view in the library).

Attachment 4482

This has all of the main statblock "stuff" on the main tab, fully detailed spells on the "Spells" tab and then other info on the "Other" tab. Plenty of space to edit this NPC (you need to drag it to a campaign NPC list before you can unlock and edit the records, you can't edit the module record) and add lots and lots of info on the "Other" tab - e.g. feat/special ability descriptions, NPC notes, etc..

This allows you to cover off everything that is on a standard PC character sheet - in a more compact format which is ideal for a GM. You really won't be losing any depth by doing it this way.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Okay, apparently I've been gone longer than I thought (or y'all have upgraded FG way more than I realized). It seems I've forgotten how to do almost everything, so I was going to go watch the tutorials again. But there appear to be multiple ones and I can't really tell if some of them are outdated or if they are actually talking about different things. For example, Xorne's tutorials (which is what I learned from originally) look like they are working from a much different (older, I presume) version than I have now. Which ones are the best tutorials for the current version of FGII?

I haven't found a set of tutorial, or user manuals actually, that cover version 2.9.4. I would also be interested in the existence of some up-to-date tuts.

Edit: Omg, Dulux, where were you when I posted this!

Update: There are tutorial videos for the newest version of FG (3.0.x) here.
    Last edited by Nickademus; February 18th, 2014 at 02:04.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post

In the next version of FG, you should be able to drag character records from the character selection screen or combat tracker into a story entry as well.

Regards,
    JPG
    JPG, I don't remember this being implemented yet. Did it make it into 3.0x?

I just tested it and it is working in v3.0.2.

Thanks. Great feature.

Thread Information