DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Intro 3: First Steps—Part III: A Vision of Betrayal, Sat July 20th

Saturday July 20th 8pm PDT (GMT-7)
    Duration: 5 hours
    Fantasy Grounds License: Full (you need at least a lite license to play)
    Server Alias: warm dice good luck
    Chat type: Voice - Community Teamspeak3 server: fgts.servegame.com
    Tier (level): 1st level only

Dispatched on an envoy mission overland from Absalom to port city Escadar, you must weather the harsh wilderness of the Isle of Kortos before you can hope to meet with the representative of the elusive gillmen, and only then come face to face with the greatest threat to the Pathfinder Society.

To join sign up on the calendar here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1042

AND post your PC's Fantasy Grounds XML and a copy of your last PFS chronicle sheet here
    Last edited by Rose Claymore; July 16th, 2013 at 01:17.
    Previous known as Dust Raven

FGU & Classic Standard Licenses
    Mountain Time (GMT -7)

"If everyone is having fun, you're not doing it wrong."

www.plasticdungeon.com

As a special note, this is my first time running on Fantasy Grounds. I'm planning on having everything set by game day, but if anyone has any tips for me to aid in preparation, or otherwise could remind me of something I'm likely to overlook my first time out feel free to PM.

Adventure awaits!

Mountain Time (GMT -7)

www.plasticdungeon.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dust Raven
    As a special note, this is my first time running on Fantasy Grounds. I'm planning on having everything set by game day, but if anyone has any tips for me to aid in preparation, or otherwise could remind me of something I'm likely to overlook my first time out feel free to PM.
    The minimum things to prepare in FG are:
    • Maps. It's also nice to have any portrait or flavour images from the scenario to show to the players.
    • Handouts.
    • Not relevant for this scenario, but usually Faction Missions - some people do a screenshot from the scenario, I just copy/paste the text into a story entry and share this with the specific PC.
    • Encounters - set up the specific encounters (with tokens) so that you can add the NPCs to the combat tracker and tokens to the map quickly. Also set your campaing to auto-roll initiative for the NPCs and you'll all be ready to go!

That's really the minimum you'll need to play. Then you'll read all the box text, etc. from your PDF of the scenario.

If you have time, other things to add are:
    • Boxed text as story entries - then you can share these with the players after you've finished reading them, or drag them to the chat window. Handy for the players to refer back to later...
    • Traps - if there are any traps, set them up as NPC -> Trap and put them in an encounter. Then you can add them to the CT if they are triggered, target the PC/s and activate the trap attack/spell.
    • Make story entries that have shortcuts to all items linked to a specific location - maps, images, handouts, encounters, etc.. Then put this story entry on the map as a push-pin shortcut. Very handy when there are a number of detailed locations on one map.
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 16th, 2013 at 01:33.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Jasper Pinkerton, 53968-7, Shadow Lodge

Will attach xml later.

Moderator: Moved from general announcement thread.
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 16th, 2013 at 01:47.

As another special note:

Due to their participation in First Steps parts I & II and expressed interest in part III, the following players have priority in joining:

Dakadin
    BridgetWilkerson
    codden
    Malkavian_Andi

I'm told there used to be a method of directly inviting players, but I can't seem to find it.

Mountain Time (GMT -7)

www.plasticdungeon.com

I have been running the first two sessions with the other four. The xml's are stored on another computer now. So I will post them tomorrow. But I would like to join.

If the time between you getting home and starting the session It would not be a problem for me if you needed to push it another houer up too 9pm pdt.
    Last edited by cyberklad; July 16th, 2013 at 02:01.

Me and cyberclad have also done the two first steps with lachancery as DM, with the 4 others. We would also like to join, if we can.
    Chronicle-sheet from last run isnt done yet, but will be uploaded when we get it from lachancery.

I will produce the chronicle sheets momentarily. I can also upload the character XMLs from last Saturday's game if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by lachancery
    I will produce the chronicle sheets momentarily. I can also upload the character XMLs from last Saturday's game if you'd like.
    Thanks!

I have my XML, but maybe someone else wants theirs. I made a minor change in my sheet (Changed the Human Bonus Feat), as its still lvl 1.
    One question, to those of you with experiance. You can retrain a character as long as it is lvl 1. After the 3rd session, before the 4th, can you still retrain, "before" you hit 2nd lvl, or will that be a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by belowyn
    One question, to those of you with experiance. You can retrain a character as long as it is lvl 1. After the 3rd session, before the 4th, can you still retrain, "before" you hit 2nd lvl, or will that be a problem?
    From page 10 of the PFS guide:
    Changes may only be made between adventures and before playing as a character above 1st level.
    So, you're OK making changes when you have 3xp, but as soon as you start a session after that you are locked in.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information