FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

Buy now and pay interest free for up to 6 months!

I've always wanted to sound like a Big Box Salesman, and I guess now is my chance.

We are happy to announce that we now accept 6-month interest free installment payments for purchases over $99 through Paypal's Bill Me Later feature. Full to Ultimate Upgrades or Ultimate licenses instantly qualify you, but so do bundle purchases or any other combination of items with an overall total over $99. We evidently had this option for some time, but I just found out about it after speaking with someone from Paypal. Read more below.

I answered the phone to what sounded immediately like a sales call. I'm glad I took it, though, because I think this is something that a lot of our customers would actually like. Please do your own research, but here is the skinny:

1. The interest is $0 if paid off in full within 6 months.

2. The interest is a fairly high 19% if not paid off in full and while I didn't dig any deeper here, I'm pretty sure they retro-actively apply the percentage to the beginning if you don't pay it off completely.

3. The payment to Paypal is handled completely by them and you and does not involve SmiteWorks at all beyond them transferring the full funds to us in the very beginning. SmiteWorks will never call you for payment or collections activities.

To use this feature, check out and select Bill Me Later. You can look for this new banner available on the store page.

I expect this is something that will be useful for a lot of people. It goes without saying, though, that the deal becomes significantly less cool if not paid off in full during the first 6 months. I've seen worse rates -- but not very often. Paypal still gets a benefit for any sale we make but they'd probably love for people to miss the window so they can get 6X the standard percentage.

Sounds like a great way to spread the cost of purchase. You need to come and see some of the interest rates in the UK though. You'll see far worse here. 19% is a good rate, comparable to credit card rates.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Yes I've seen some of those 5 day loans advertised on ITV with 2000% interest, no questions asked.

I definitely would have taken this option and spread the cost if it was available when I upgraded to ultimate.
    Timezone: GMT
    Currently GMing: Ruins of Symbaroum 5E

Ultimate Fantasy Grounds Licence holder since 2013

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bennis1980
    Yes I've seen some of those 5 day loans advertised on ITV with 2000% interest, no questions asked.
    Plus a busted knee cap if you miss your payment.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

"Smiteworks are not associated with any busted knees or broken bones due to delayed payments... that's all PayPal's bad!" - possible disclaimer from Smiteworks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bennis1980

I definitely would have taken this option and spread the cost if it was available when I upgraded to ultimate.
    Holy crap! The sad part is that people probably still use that option and don't make it back in 5 days.

No busted knees from SmiteWorks. The good news is that you don't really need your knees when your gaming online.

So your new selling tagline can be as follows:

"Who needs knees anyway, so apply for your credit ultimate licence today with 0% RISK*

(*0% risk applies to upper body parts only. Your knees may be at risk if you do not keep up your payments)"

Not quite as deepest, darkest Wales as before.
    Just tried to use this with an Ultimate upgrade plus some other purchases. I wasn't given any option to spread the payment over 6 months either on this site or when it connected to Paypal.

Is this purely a US based offer (I am UK based)?
    Time Zone: GMT

Preferred Systems: Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu

Currently Running:
    - Savage Worlds (Deadlands Noir) Campaign

Currently Playing:
    - Savage Worlds (Realms of Cthulhu) Campaign
    - Savage Worlds (Supers) Campaign
    - Savage Worlds (50 Fathoms) Campaign

Planned:
    - Savage Worlds - Space 1889

"Bill Me Later is subject to credit approval as determined by the lender, WebBank, Salt Lake City, Utah and is available to US customers who are of legal age in their state of residence."

Blog Entries
    scionofnyarlathotep, I just saw the same language that joeru posted. That is unfortunate, since we have quite a bit of non-US customers. Did it provide an option to cancel your order out okay? If not, let me know at [email protected] and I will issue a refund.

In the meantime, I should add a blurb above the banner for "US Residents only". bummer.

Thread Information