Starfinder Playlist
Page 5 of 11 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Stop spamming, please, especially in those necrotic threads. If you are on this forum, it's pretty much a give now that you have learned about it.

It's the "outside world" that needs to know.

Blog Entries
    hmmmm.... this is a thread dedicated to FG-Con3. 4 of the 7 threads are FG-Con threads
    sometimes people need a little poking and prodding...

Hear Ye, Here Ye,
    A wonderful weekend of adventure, mischief, and mayhem awaits brave and noble heroes and fools. Bring your finest blades, your darkest tomes, your six-shooters and your familiars. Little sleep awaits but dreams, fantasies and nightmares are sure to abound. The ante has been paid all that is required now is you!

Blog Entries
    Are there supposed to be any time slots - or is it entirely free-form? I now have a little adventure ready and would love to offer that, but I am having a bit of trouble deciding on a good time to run it (most likely on Europe's Saturday evening, that way US players could participate).

Blog Entries
    firstly choose a time slot that works for you.
    then look at the existing games at or near that time slot and see if that impacts your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by AstaSyneri View Post
    Are there supposed to be any time slots - or is it entirely free-form? I now have a little adventure ready and would love to offer that, but I am having a bit of trouble deciding on a good time to run it (most likely on Europe's Saturday evening, that way US players could participate).
    As this is a global convention it is virtually impossible to determine specific timeslots that will work for everyone. Therefore, we haven't specified any specific timeslots. As damned says, if you can look at the current events and try to work your game into what is currently in the events list. Recommendation - don't worry about running a game when others are on, but try to avoid spanning across 2 games if you can as this limits player options for your and other games. But, if you are limited to a specific time period then just go for it.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Stop spamming, please, especially in those necrotic threads. If you are on this forum, it's pretty much a give now that you have learned about it.

It's the "outside world" that needs to know.
    Admittedly damned did do a lot of spamming yesterday... Ease up a bit mate!

Yes - the outside world does need to know about it! Everyone on this form, please let people outside of the Fantasy Grounds forum know! Post on other forums, use social media, email your friends...

However, that said... We are still short of GMs for non Pathfinder games. Essentially, GMs have to come from within the FG community. We currently only have 8 games that are not Pathfinder Society which is way the lowest count of any of the FG Cons. Why is this? Is it because there are still a few that don't know or have forgot? Is it that are not available? Is it that they don't want to? Or is it that they don't care (which one forum user has indicated)?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    However, that said... We are still short of GMs for non Pathfinder games. Essentially, GMs have to come from within the FG community. We currently only have 8 games that are not Pathfinder Society which is way the lowest count of any of the FG Cons. Why is this? Is it because there are still a few that don't know or have forgot? Is it that are not available? Is it that they don't want to? Or is it that they don't care (which one forum user has indicated)?
    It really is work to offer an RPG session at a Con - even a virtual one. I am still convince that if you get to raffle something, at least for GMs, you'll have a better turn out (a few $10 coupons for the FG stores - something along that line).

It really is work to offer an RPG session at a Con - even a virtual one. I am still convince that if you get to raffle something, at least for GMs, you'll have a better turn out (a few $10 coupons for the FG stores - something along that line).
    Quite possibly offering something would convince some GMs to run a game.

Smiteworks did offer vouchers for FG Con 1 but haven't done it since. I think in FG Con 1 very few GMs actually applied for the voucher.

For FG Con 2 there were no vouchers and we still got a good turn out for GMs.

We're limited in what we can do as this is a free community ran event - any expenditure (such as a teamspeak server) comes out of the individual community member's pocket.

That's the background of where we're coming from... But, it's a good idea - thanks for the reminder. I've reached out to Smiteworks to see if any GM incentive can be offered this time around.

If you are on this forum, it's pretty much a give now that you have learned about it.
    Actually, based off the referrer statistics today, it looks like there may still be quite a few people who aren't aware of FG Con - most of these are from damned's "spammed" threads:

Keep in mind that there are a lot of community members who will not read every thread on this forum - or even more than 10% of them. Therefore, hitting threads (even old ones) that have a vague link/relevance to FG Con might send out an email to people who subscribed to those threads, thus getting the message out. Which the above referrer statistics suggest is the case.

Unfortunately, this does mean that regular FG forum goers will see a lot of these messages - especially if we do it all at once. Please understand the need and reasoning behind this and try to bear with us while we try to get the message out...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimtina View Post
    I did pick up games before in tabletop, just not at online cons. But there is always a first time :-)
    You might want to prepare something for a solo or small group. Easier to get it off the ground that way.

Occasionally games fall through because the GM or players don't show up, or there is a tech glitch, and a pick up game is a possibility. That's what has happened in the past.

Thread Information