FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison
    We are planning to update the forum software next week. Stay tuned for more info.
    Probaby about time the forums had a face lift. It's had the same format for a number of years now
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Willot
    Probaby about time the forums had a face lift. It's had the same format for a number of years now
    I'll miss it though...
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Perhaps it's just the innards that are being operated on, not an actual facelift? Perhaps we'll get to earn cool badges to put by our name depending on which games we play or enjoy

Blog Entries
    Correct, we will be upgrading the forum to the latest stable version. There are newer versions than that available but they have a bug list a mile long. We shouldn't lose anything -- but you never know. In addition, we'll probably be pushing this out to a new server that we install fresh over the next few days and go live on it sometime before Monday.

---

For now, I just made several firewall changes. Please let me know if anything stops working. I created a brief blip earlier today that shut down some things we actually needed open, but as far as I know everything that should be accessible is still accessible again now.

The new firewall should have some really cool anti-DoS and reactive address blocking to make it even more secure and it links up with some well known ip address list maintainers to block known hacker addresses. Hopefully that is all done now. From the logs, it doesn't appear that we were ever targeted specifically, but being on an international host with lots of servers means that we have to always be on alert for blanket attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison
    For now, I just made several firewall changes. Please let me know if anything stops working. I created a brief blip earlier today that shut down some things we actually needed open, but as far as I know everything that should be accessible is still accessible again now.
    Hi Doug - is the ability to upload attachments still being blocked? I, and others, can't upload attachments to the forums.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    It is until we finish updating the forum software. We'll be doing this along with a server move at the same time and the server move is under way.

Thread Information