STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thursday (20th) Call of Cthulhu

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1028

This is the perfect opportunity for a pick-up game! You need at least a lite license.

We have a Keeper and three players for a Call of Cthulhu one-shot this Thursday. We want more players. Body counts high = safety (but not sanity) in numbers. Follow the link to the calendar to sign up, and be certain to confirm your local time by making sure your forum profile's timezone is correctly set.

Let me just reiterate that these scenarios are one-shots, designed to be completed in one sitting. Perfect for pick-ups and drop-ins. There's no long-term commitment. Show up when you want to, play every week, or every other month. We need Keepers as well as players, so it's a great opportunity to try your hand at running a game if you're campaign-phobic.

To participate Thursday evening you'll need a d20 Modern character, which you can build in a jiffy using the generator at this link:

https://www.pathguy.com/cthulhu.htm

If you are stuck or lost, PM me or post to this thread and we'll get you some help.

No experience is necessary. Newbies are welcome. I'm not revealing any details about the scenario, but to assist me with the hook I do need to know about your character as far in advance as possible.

We'll use Teamspeak. The server address is: fgts.servegame.com

Oh and try to arrive a little early in case we need to iron out character issues.

Cheers. Let's have some horrible fun.
    FG II Full license holder.

What era are we playing (dying) in?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I've quickly thrown an archaeologist together:

Attachment 4325

He has no particular era restrictive skills - if we're playing in the modern era I'll juggle it a little and add some ranks in computer use.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    What era are we playing (dying) in?
    2013 America. Probably New England, but possibly the mid-west.

More questions (sorry):
    1. How do you want us to enter the characters for the game? Should we enter them in the 3.5e ruleset and export them and attach them here? Or login ahead of time and enter them manually?
    2. I'm assuming you're using the 3.5e ruleset to run this?

If we can get our PCs sorted out before the game there will be more time to play!

I've quickly thrown an archaeologist together:

Attachment 4325

He has no particular era restrictive skills - if we're playing in the modern era I'll juggle it a little and add some ranks in computer use.
    He might be one of those profs who remains computer-illiterate in the modern era.

More questions (sorry):
    1. How do you want us to enter the characters for the game? Should we enter them in the 3.5e ruleset and export them and attach them here? Or login ahead of time and enter them manually?
    2. I'm assuming you're using the 3.5e ruleset to run this?

If we can get our PCs sorted out before the game there will be more time to play!
    Questions are good.

I'm using the basic d20 ruleset.

If you create your character ahead of time it will leave more time for playing. You can log in ahead of time and manually enter them or if you would rather export and attach here we can do that too. Whatever is most comfortable for players.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Geeshu
    I'm using the basic d20 ruleset.
    To confirm, this is the "d20 ruleset" available in the "Downloads" page (lower right of the page) and not the "d20_JPG ruleset"?

To confirm, this is the "d20 ruleset" available in the "Downloads" page (lower right of the page) and not the "d20_JPG ruleset"?
    I didn't know there was a d20_JPG ruleset, so it can't be that one.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Geeshu
    I didn't know there was a d20_JPG ruleset, so it can't be that one.
    OK, cool. That's quite an old ruleset - manage characters doesn't work and there is no import/export PC function (only manual editing of the campaign db.xml file).

I'd recommend anyone playing this gets online early so you can manually enter your PC.

(P.S. You may want to consider running CoC d20 using the 3.5e ruleset at some point in the future - there are a lot more features and functions that will make running the game easier all round).

Thread Information